Reverting back to rooted stock firmware..... Is this possible?

29th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Hey Guys,

My phone information is listed in the picture attached.

I'd like to go back to just the rooted stock firmware. Is this possible to just download the rooted firmware and just flash it with CWM?

Can someone point me in the right direction. With a link to the firmware maybe and a process in how I could achieve this.

Rogers Galaxy S3 (Canada)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20140829_130321.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (68.9 KB, 32 views)
29th August 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,166

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can download your firmware from http://sammobile.com/firmwares

You have to flash these in Odin and unless its the NF1 build you can root with Towelroot.

There is no pre-rooted kk firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 36

104 posts
More
Hi!

In addition to what DocHoliday77 said: Samsung does not provide pre-rooted official firmware, but you can find CWM-flashable or Odin-flashable ones in the S3 Android Development forum. I.e.:I would also suggest you browse through the pages of the Android Dev forum, as you may find other stock rooted ROMs available. The thread that present stock and/or rooted ROM have it indicated in the thread's subject. Instructions are also written in those threads on how to install the ROM.

Moreover, if you have in the past upgraded to at least Android 4.3, make sure not to install a firmware older than 4.3 (or at least, the bootloader part, as you will brick your phone).
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexandre-P For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,166

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would only add to that by saying if you flash anything outside of this sub-forum, be careful abd make absolutely sure it is compatible with your device. Flashing roms intended for other devices often results in a hard brick.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread