Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 38,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] [Q] Rogers i747M Cyanogenmod 11 back to Telus stock ROM 4.3

Tip us?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 369
I don't have KK on my i747m. I loaded the stock 4.1.2 ROM and went straight to a custom 4.4 ROM.

Did you ever have the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone? If you did, I'm not sure if you can load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM via Odin because the stock 4.4 ROM may have altered the 4.3 bootloader. The stock Rogers 4.3 ROM from sammobile.com and the pre-rooted ROM on XDA will load a stock 4.3 bootloader if flashed via Odin. You could flash a stock ROM via mobile Odin which does not alter the bootloader.

Once you are on the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader regardless of whether you do or do not have Knox.

If you are sure you never had the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone, you could use Odin to load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM, unlock your phone, go back to a custom ROM.

When flashing a ROM or altering your phone's software, there is always the risk of bricking your phone. Just be prepared to deal with a possible brick.

helam
Old
(Last edited by helam; 19th July 2014 at 06:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
I don't have KK on my i747m. I loaded the stock 4.1.2 ROM and went straight to a custom 4.4 ROM.

Did you ever have the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone? If you did, I'm not sure if you can load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM via Odin because the stock 4.4 ROM may have altered the 4.3 bootloader. The stock Rogers 4.3 ROM from sammobile.com and the pre-rooted ROM on XDA will load a stock 4.3 bootloader if flashed via Odin. You could flash a stock ROM via mobile Odin which does not alter the bootloader.

Once you are on the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader regardless of whether you do or do not have Knox.

If you are sure you never had the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone, you could use Odin to load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM, unlock your phone, go back to a custom ROM.

When flashing a ROM or altering your phone's software, there is always the risk of bricking your phone. Just be prepared to deal with a possible brick.
How I can check version of boot loader installed on my device?
How can I check version of modem installed in my device?
Can I use Google ADK tools (adb and fast boot) instead Heimdall (Odin is not compatible with my MacBook).

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 369
What is the baseband on your phone under About?

helam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
What is the baseband on your phone under About?
I747MVLUEKM5

But I solved problem to revert back to stock ROM using file I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYBEMK5_TLS
been installing not from SD card but using laptop and Odin.
After I boot the phone I put SIM card and on pop-upped window entered official unlock code.
For using Odin program, I downloaded from internet vmware fusion, after found my cd disk with windows 7 ultimate and installed it.
After installed Odin and transferred above file to internal system and put the phone in downloaded mode connected and after a few minutes I get my phone booted with stock ROM.

What I surprised I did not find official page in Wiki of Cyanogenmod for official way to uninstall their product.
So I decided not to install the software that does not have official uninstallation tool. They have installation program only.
It's not good for us regular users. Before to come into the dark room usually it has to have to see exit way clearly.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by helam View Post
I747MVLUEKM5

But I solved problem to revert back to stock ROM using file I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYBEMK5_TLS
been installing not from SD card but using laptop and Odin.
After I boot the phone I put SIM card and on pop-upped window entered official unlock code.
For using Odin program, I downloaded from internet vmware fusion, after found my cd disk with windows 7 ultimate and installed it.
After installed Odin and transferred above file to internal system and put the phone in downloaded mode connected and after a few minutes I get my phone booted with stock ROM.

What I surprised I did not find official page in Wiki of Cyanogenmod for official way to uninstall their product.
So I decided not to install the software that does not have official uninstallation tool. They have installation program only.
It's not good for us regular users. Before to come into the dark room usually it has to have to see exit way clearly.
I know of no custom ROM that can completely uninstall itself. One of best ways to revert back to stock is to flash via Odin which you were able to do.

Once I got the upgrade bug, I don't stick with stock for too long.

Congratulations on your success