Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Info 2 Fido SGH-I747M: Safe to use CyanogenMod installer?

OP jaketibor

16th October 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello Everyone!

I wasn't really getting anywhere with Google or searching on this form so I thought I would ask....

Does anyone know if it is ok to use the CyanogenMod installer for the SGH-I747M (Fido) phone? Can anyone confirm!? If so, was there anything that had to be done to prepare?

When I use the installer is says its supported and recognizes it as "Galaxy S3 (ATT/Canadian)".

It doesn't mention my carrier in the list of supported phones, this is why I'm worried, I don't want to brick the thing! However Fido is owned by Rogers so I would hope that they use the same version phones but when I look at the version number for Rogers on the CyanogenMod S3 supported list its mentions that the model number is "SHG-I747R".

If someones could clarify some things that would be great!

Cheers,
Jake
16th October 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 624

2,743 posts
More
Personally, I would not use an installer. I believe you are better off installing a custom recovery and manually flashing a custom ROM. Also, I find CM11 is not as customizable as some of the other ROMs.

You can flash any ROM and custom recovery that is designed for the d2lte.

Before starting the process of installing a custom ROM, make note of your phone's current bootloader and baseband. Also, flashing a custom recovery will void your warranty if you are on a 4.3 or 4.4.2 bootloader.
Last edited by audit13; 16th October 2014 at 03:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread