Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,344 Members 46,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGH-i747m only boots to recovery mode with 16gb sd card

Tip us?

gravitysdepth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
You should be able to flash with Odin from there if I'm not mistaken. (Been a long time since I've been through this part myself). You may need to try different drivers, different cables, usb ports, etc.
I have tried 5 different cords, and two different computers on all usb ports. Nothing

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,043

DONATE TO ME
You said it'll boot recovery, is it stock or a custom one? Also, are you familiar with ADB?

When you plug it into the computer, is it detected by odin? If so, what does it say in the message box when you try to flash?
Look in device manager too. What does it detect the device as?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysdepth View Post
Yea I didn't want to have to go that route if possible as my goal was to gain experience and knowledge from this little project. If I got the phone working then I would just replace my old Samsung infuse. I made the USB Jig using the 301K ohm's and it still does not work. I know the jig works because I tested it on my wife sgh-i747m and also on my infuse. Both of which boot into download mode immediately. My concern is there is something wrong with the main board because it really doesn't seem like it was rooted at all.

I am just going to see what I can get for it at this point, I paid 70 so would be looking to get at least 60
Hi,

Send me a message of you want to sell your s3.

Cheers.