Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

SGH-i747m only boots to recovery mode with 16gb sd card

29th July 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

You should be able to flash with Odin from there if I'm not mistaken. (Been a long time since I've been through this part myself). You may need to try different drivers, different cables, usb ports, etc.

I have tried 5 different cords, and two different computers on all usb ports. Nothing
29th July 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,173

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
You said it'll boot recovery, is it stock or a custom one? Also, are you familiar with ADB?

When you plug it into the computer, is it detected by odin? If so, what does it say in the message box when you try to flash?
Look in device manager too. What does it detect the device as?
30th July 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #13  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 481

2,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysdepth

Yea I didn't want to have to go that route if possible as my goal was to gain experience and knowledge from this little project. If I got the phone working then I would just replace my old Samsung infuse. I made the USB Jig using the 301K ohm's and it still does not work. I know the jig works because I tested it on my wife sgh-i747m and also on my infuse. Both of which boot into download mode immediately. My concern is there is something wrong with the main board because it really doesn't seem like it was rooted at all.

I am just going to see what I can get for it at this point, I paid 70 so would be looking to get at least 60

Hi,

Send me a message of you want to sell your s3.

Cheers.
24th September 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #14  
Flag The Bronx, NYC
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
I have an SGH-i747m and I'm having the same problem. Was a solution ever found?
24th September 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #15  
Toronto

2,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam

I have an SGH-i747m and I'm having the same problem. Was a solution ever found?

You have the Canadian version of the s3? Will you phone boot into download mode without the sd card installed?
26th September 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #16  
Flag The Bronx, NYC
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
Sorry, I have the SGH-i747. The phone only boots with the SD card and just stays in download mode. Odin doesn't recognize it.
26th September 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #17  
Toronto

2,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam

Sorry, I have the SGH-i747. The phone only boots with the SD card and just stays in download mode. Odin doesn't recognize it.

What was the last stock ATT ROM on the phone? Can the phone boot into download mode without the external SD card?

When you connect the phone to you computer in download mode, are you prompted to install drivers? If you are using Windows, any unrecognized devices in device manager?
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,173

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
And don't forget to try different cables and every USB port on the computer. Cables go bad much more easily than most people think, and many charging cables cannot be used for data transfer.
I've seen a number of times where people found that only one of the USB ports would allow it to connect.
You might also want to try several different driver versions. (I'd start with the oldest that was release along with the S3.) You can find several in the link in my signature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread