Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SGH-i747m unknown baseband and imei

OP dolhop

28th November 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
All, I have a rooted SGH-i747m, on which I had CM11. I replaced that with SlimBean recently, but lost my LTE. So, this morning I updated the modem to I747MUMUEND3 as is found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898. Now I have no IMEI and baseband. Unfortunately I did NOT backup my EFS.

I have read so many posts and tried various things....but I just don't see any way to restore my IMEI and baseband (and get signal back!).

* I have tried a few of the other modems to no avail.
* I tried a restore from a backup I had of CM11 via CWM, but I'm guessing that doesn't backup the NVRAM settings.
* Attempts to use things like *#7284# yields "mobile network not available".
* the S3 doesn't seem to provide a COM port so I don't see how I could use NV-reader-writer even if I had a NVRAM backup file.....

Please advise.
29th November 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,010

3,156 posts
More
What bootloader is on your phone? It may just be a case of a mismatch between the modem and bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

What bootloader is on your phone? It may just be a case of a mismatch between the modem and bootloader.

Not quite sure.....but I did have CM11 on there and I believe a 4.4 bootloader was installed. I ended up reinstalling stock firmware, then reinstalling slim bean and everything works now.
3rd December 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
I'm having a similar issue, no modem and carrier support after restoring to an earlier, stock ROM than was on my phone (sgh-i747) before OTA soft-bricked it.
My bootloader is now NJ1 and I can't find or flash a bootloader_modem package to update my modem, attempt to do so fails with status 7 and baseband version remains blank... while everything else on my phone is MJB = mismatch.

I'd like to know exactly what you did to fix yours, dolhop, but it may not help me as I'm already at an NJ1 bootloader
3rd December 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I don't even know how to check which bootloader I am using. I simply used odin to reflash a stock from from sammobile from download mode. That worked. From there I used odin to flash CWM, then used CWM to flash in slim bean.
3rd December 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #6  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,010

3,156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTANEJUNKIE

I'm having a similar issue, no modem and carrier support after restoring to an earlier, stock ROM than was on my phone (sgh-i747) before OTA soft-bricked it.
My bootloader is now NJ1 and I can't find or flash a bootloader_modem package to update my modem, attempt to do so fails with status 7 and baseband version remains blank... while everything else on my phone is MJB = mismatch.

I'd like to know exactly what you did to fix yours, dolhop, but it may not help me as I'm already at an NJ1 bootloader

Status 7 error can be due to an outdate recovery. Are you running the latest CWM or TWRP?

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTANEJUNKIE

Status 7 error can be due to an outdate recovery. Are you running the latest CWM or TWRP?

Since you have an i747, you cannot use any firmware from sammobile.com on your phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Since you have an i747, you cannot use any firmware from sammobile.com on your phone.

Thanks for the reply, audit13

My CWM is version 6.0.2.3, not most current (6.0.4.7 is latest?) - I got CWM and Team Epic Custom Recovery v5 bundled on androidcentral when I first rooted my phone

I looked at sammobile.com and only saw 4.1.1 for ATT US and didn't even bother... I got the 4.3 stock recovery I flashed here, which resurrected by phone, but unfortunately it was already at 4.4.x, aaaaand now I've got no baseband (mismatch)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread