Stock Restore Error

30th August 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Hello all,

I've been perusing through many threads on the XDA forum looking for how to solve a download problem on my SGH-i747m but haven't found it. Hopefully, one of you intelligent folks can help me.

Long story short, I screwed up the bootloader a while back which hard bricked the device. I originally recieved the phone in a soft bricked state from a buddy so I don't know many particulars about the Android version before I hard bricked it. I sent the phone for JTAG which allowed the the phone to boot to the Samsung screen. I'm not sure how the JTAG process works, but I assume it cleared everything except the bootloader. All I want to do now is restore the phone back to stock so it's usable.

The following is a summary of what I tried....Using Odin v3.07 and a stock firmware I747MVLUEMK5 I attempted to download the firmware into the device. Unfortunately, in the early stages, I get these errors

From Odin:
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone:
Warranty Bit: 1
Bootloader AP SWREV: 2
SW REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 2 > Binary 1

I tried re-rooting the device with CF-Auto-Root and then was able to flash CWM 6.0.4.7 to do a full wipe of everything. On my next attempt, I get the same errors.
The Following User Says Thank You to computerwiz5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,160

8,805 posts
Donate to Me
More
You're trying to flash an older build than what is already there, which cannot be done. You can only flash the same or newer from now on.
Judging by the SW REV CHECK, you can flash builds ND2, NE6 or NF2. (Depending on your carrier, NF2 may not be available.)
Flash one of those and it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Can you explain some detail about these build designations? I'm not familiar with those.

When I researched the stock firmwares for Telus, I discovered that the MK5 build (if "build" is the correct term) was the newest available. To my understanding..isn't 4.3 is the newest is gets for the i747m?
The Following User Says Thank You to computerwiz5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,160

8,805 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go to http://sammobile.com/firmwares
The latest build is 4.4.2.

Youll have to sign up to download, but its free and as far as i can tell they dont spam your email or anything like that.

ND2 is a newer 4.3 build, and is what you are currently running. The others are 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread