T-Mobile on AT&T S3

OP matsix

25th July 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I know there's loads of questions and threads about T-Mobile on a S3 but I've been dealing with this issue ever since my girlfriend gave me her old AT&T S3. I signed up on here just now because I couldn't stand trying to figure it out myself anymore.

I've also looked at all those threads and for some reason they all seem to have an opposite issue of what I have. To my understanding, areas that aren't re-farmed will give you 4g LTE and 2g (edge) but no 3g correct?

I get the opposite of that, I get only HSPA+, HSPA, rarely 2g and never LTE. The part I don't understand is why I don't get LTE. My Brother is able to get LTE with his T-Mobile LG G2 so LTE coverage should be fine in my area.

I ended up finding out that T-Mobile requires a newer sim card to work with LTE and I was using an extremely old one that I got when smartphones basically just came out. (I cut it into micro shape) Today I just received my new sim in the mail, popped it in and it showed LTE with 4 bars but I couldn't do anything because I haven't activated it yet. Once I got it activated it went back to HSPA+.

The weird part about this is that if I restart my phone sometimes it'll show LTE for a couple seconds but it'll say "no service" then proceed to go back to H+.

I'd like to at least know someone else gets the same thing because it's been driving me crazy and it seems like I'm the only one having this issue. I've literally been trying to get LTE on this phone for about a year now.
If someone can try helping that'd be cool, thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread