Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to unbrick my I747?

Tip us?

CareyL96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it possible to unbrick my I747?

I soft bricked my SGH-I747 on 4.4.2 and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. If anyone could help me out by either linking me somewhere or providing detailed instructions on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

f41lbl0g
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default how to unbrick

If your phone is softbricked, the recovery will still most likely be working. While the phone is off, hold power, volume up and home button to go to recovery. From there wipe system data and cache, and restore your latest backup.

CareyL96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g View Post
If your phone is softbricked, the recovery will still most likely be working. While the phone is off, hold power, volume up and home button to go to recovery. From there wipe system data and cache, and restore your latest backup.
I can't enter recovery; I'm stuck in odin mode so I guess I'm not soft bricked? I'm not sure

f41lbl0g
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If you are stuck in download mode, try holding the power button until it turns off, then try going to recovery. If that doesnt work, just flash a stock image for the i747 and start from square one.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 433
You could flash a custom recovery such as Philz Touch via Odin, boot into recovery, and flash a custom ROM.

CareyL96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g View Post
If you are stuck in download mode, try holding the power button until it turns off, then try going to recovery. If that doesnt work, just flash a stock image for the i747 and start from square one.
That's where I'm stuck. I don't know what stock image to use/can't find one that works

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,063

DONATE TO ME
There isnt one for 4.4.2. Youll have to flash a custom recovery with odin and then a rom from recovery. If you want stock 4.4.2, enewman17 has it in the development section. Doing this will void your warranty if you still have one.

CareyL96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
There isnt one for 4.4.2. Youll have to flash a custom recovery with odin and then a rom from recovery. If you want stock 4.4.2, enewman17 has it in the development section. Doing this will void your warranty if you still have one.
tyvm I'll try it