Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is it possible to unbrick my I747?

OP CareyL96

25th August 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I soft bricked my SGH-I747 on 4.4.2 and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. If anyone could help me out by either linking me somewhere or providing detailed instructions on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
25th August 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
how to unbrick
If your phone is softbricked, the recovery will still most likely be working. While the phone is off, hold power, volume up and home button to go to recovery. From there wipe system data and cache, and restore your latest backup.
25th August 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g

If your phone is softbricked, the recovery will still most likely be working. While the phone is off, hold power, volume up and home button to go to recovery. From there wipe system data and cache, and restore your latest backup.

I can't enter recovery; I'm stuck in odin mode so I guess I'm not soft bricked? I'm not sure
26th August 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
If you are stuck in download mode, try holding the power button until it turns off, then try going to recovery. If that doesnt work, just flash a stock image for the i747 and start from square one.
26th August 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,023

3,186 posts
More
You could flash a custom recovery such as Philz Touch via Odin, boot into recovery, and flash a custom ROM.
26th August 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g

If you are stuck in download mode, try holding the power button until it turns off, then try going to recovery. If that doesnt work, just flash a stock image for the i747 and start from square one.

That's where I'm stuck. I don't know what stock image to use/can't find one that works
26th August 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,500

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
There isnt one for 4.4.2. Youll have to flash a custom recovery with odin and then a rom from recovery. If you want stock 4.4.2, enewman17 has it in the development section. Doing this will void your warranty if you still have one.
26th August 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

There isnt one for 4.4.2. Youll have to flash a custom recovery with odin and then a rom from recovery. If you want stock 4.4.2, enewman17 has it in the development section. Doing this will void your warranty if you still have one.

tyvm I'll try it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread