FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Is it possible to unbrick my I747?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By CareyL96, Junior Member on 25th August 2014, 10:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I soft bricked my SGH-I747 on 4.4.2 and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. If anyone could help me out by either linking me somewhere or providing detailed instructions on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
 
 
25th August 2014, 10:44 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
how to unbrick
If your phone is softbricked, the recovery will still most likely be working. While the phone is off, hold power, volume up and home button to go to recovery. From there wipe system data and cache, and restore your latest backup.
25th August 2014, 10:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g

If your phone is softbricked, the recovery will still most likely be working. While the phone is off, hold power, volume up and home button to go to recovery. From there wipe system data and cache, and restore your latest backup.

I can't enter recovery; I'm stuck in odin mode so I guess I'm not soft bricked? I'm not sure
25th August 2014, 11:18 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
If you are stuck in download mode, try holding the power button until it turns off, then try going to recovery. If that doesnt work, just flash a stock image for the i747 and start from square one.
26th August 2014, 01:18 AM |#5  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,334
 
More
You could flash a custom recovery such as Philz Touch via Odin, boot into recovery, and flash a custom ROM.
26th August 2014, 02:03 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f41lbl0g

If you are stuck in download mode, try holding the power button until it turns off, then try going to recovery. If that doesnt work, just flash a stock image for the i747 and start from square one.

That's where I'm stuck. I don't know what stock image to use/can't find one that works
26th August 2014, 03:45 AM |#7  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,586
 
Donate to Me
More
There isnt one for 4.4.2. Youll have to flash a custom recovery with odin and then a rom from recovery. If you want stock 4.4.2, enewman17 has it in the development section. Doing this will void your warranty if you still have one.
26th August 2014, 05:04 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

There isnt one for 4.4.2. Youll have to flash a custom recovery with odin and then a rom from recovery. If you want stock 4.4.2, enewman17 has it in the development section. Doing this will void your warranty if you still have one.

tyvm I'll try it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes