Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking a GS3 with Stock 4.4.2

Tip us?

defsam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Unlocking a GS3 with Stock 4.4.2

Hi guys I am new to doing these things on GS3, Is is the same thing on Note 2?

I'm sorry in advanced if there's already a thread that answers this question but I looked and searched around to no avail/

I am just careful as the Note 2 is simpler as I easily find solutions to my problem here in the forum.

I am a lurker and just made an account to ask this one question that no one seemed to ask yet: Is there any way I could unlock a GS3 with 4.4.2?

It's unrooted as for some reason SuperSU isn't working. I am going to try to see what I can do about that.

This was my brother's phone, He then upgraded to 4.4.2 then asked me why his new carrier sim doesn't work and was asking for an unlock code.

TLDR: Upgraded to 4.4.2 and out of options for unlocking network.

TYIA guys.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,878

DONATE TO ME
Youll have to buy an unlock code online. Ive seen reports of some places charging just a few bucks. No other known way right now.

defsam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Youll have to buy an unlock code online. Ive seen reports of some places charging just a few bucks. No other known way right now.
It would be mighty awesome if you know those said websites that can unlock 4.4.2 kitkat GS3. Thank you for the info at least someone replied.

dirkdigles
Old
Thanks Meter 131
If you or a friend are (or were) on AT&T at some point in time, you might be able to request an unlock code via this form

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/cli...msAndCondition
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-i747
ROM: Stock NE4 Debloated
Kernel: Stock or KT747

defsam
Old
(Last edited by defsam; 19th August 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=dirkdigles;54909062]If you or a friend are (or were) on AT&T at some point in time, you might be able to request an unlock code via this form

link removed /QUOTE]

Yeah I will try that, But Bell Mobility costs 50 bucks to do that. So I might just look for an unlocking service site. Anyone here know one that works with the gs3 OTA 4.4.2?

Thank you for the reply.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,878

DONATE TO ME
It should tell you if itll work when you go to the site. Just search with the device model.