[Q] Unlocking a GS3 with Stock 4.4.2

OP defsam

18th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi guys I am new to doing these things on GS3, Is is the same thing on Note 2?

I'm sorry in advanced if there's already a thread that answers this question but I looked and searched around to no avail/

I am just careful as the Note 2 is simpler as I easily find solutions to my problem here in the forum.

I am a lurker and just made an account to ask this one question that no one seemed to ask yet: Is there any way I could unlock a GS3 with 4.4.2?

It's unrooted as for some reason SuperSU isn't working. I am going to try to see what I can do about that.

This was my brother's phone, He then upgraded to 4.4.2 then asked me why his new carrier sim doesn't work and was asking for an unlock code.

TLDR: Upgraded to 4.4.2 and out of options for unlocking network.

TYIA guys.
18th August 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,410

9,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Youll have to buy an unlock code online. Ive seen reports of some places charging just a few bucks. No other known way right now.
18th August 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Youll have to buy an unlock code online. Ive seen reports of some places charging just a few bucks. No other known way right now.

It would be mighty awesome if you know those said websites that can unlock 4.4.2 kitkat GS3. Thank you for the info at least someone replied.
18th August 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #4  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 141

431 posts
If you or a friend are (or were) on AT&T at some point in time, you might be able to request an unlock code via this form

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/cli...msAndCondition
The Following User Says Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
[QUOTE=dirkdigles;54909062]If you or a friend are (or were) on AT&T at some point in time, you might be able to request an unlock code via this form

link removed /QUOTE]

Yeah I will try that, But Bell Mobility costs 50 bucks to do that. So I might just look for an unlocking service site. Anyone here know one that works with the gs3 OTA 4.4.2?

Thank you for the reply.
Last edited by defsam; 19th August 2014 at 04:57 PM.
19th August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,410

9,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
It should tell you if itll work when you go to the site. Just search with the device model.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

It should tell you if itll work when you go to the site. Just search with the device model.

hey guy did you ever get your phone unlock i am having the same problem i have the unlock code already it just keep saying unsuccessful any assistance would be appreciated thank you.
3rd October 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #8  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 625

2,743 posts
More
^Are you running a stock ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread