Weak Signal after flashing modems and a bunch of roms.

Search This thread

demonflame5

Jul 25, 2014
I'm getting really weak LTE and wifi signals.

I can't even use the mobile internet anymore.

When I go to status, it sometimes says Signal Strength is 0 dBm 99 asu. Other times it's -102 or -105db and 38asu.
I don't know the exact numbers, but on stock firmware, I used to get around 4 bars, but now I only get 0 or 1 on stock firmware.

I made a lot of mistakes trying to install Cyanogen mod. I originally started with 4.4.2 after installing it OTA. I was getting errors trying to flash Cyanogen mod and people were saying it had to do with an out of date bootloader. I kinda messed up in differentiating between the a bootloader and a modem and flashed an earlier modem which made my IMEI null and had no signal. I fixed this by flashing this 4.4.2 modem: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53627484

Now here's the problem. I didn't check to see if the signal was weak after flashing that. I flashed SlimKat, didn't like it, and then flashed aokp. This is when I finally noticed the signal was weak. I don't know if it started when I flashed aokp, but i doubt it did. I eventually flashed back to 4.4.2 using I747UCUFNE4 Stock Rooted Odex, and it still had a weak signal.

I then tried Cyanogen mod again and it flashed this time, but the signal was still weak. I then looked at the Android Version and it says 4.4.4 and the baseband version is I747UCUFNE4. Is this the problem? Because from what I'm reading, the baseband is meant for 4.4.2. I'm thinking that when I installed Slimkat, it upgraded my device to 4.4.4? But I don't know. Can anyone help me, please?

Last edited:

demonflame5

Jul 25, 2014
Okay, I have an update.

I tried using 3G and I'm getting great reception. Full bars and between -91 and -95db.

It seems there's issues when LTE is active.

Wifi is still terrible regardless.

edit:
Seems that when I call and talk when LTE is active, the reception shoots up. Text messages send and receive instantly.

The only problem is the slow LTE and poor wifi.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
No idea if this will work for you, but it should be safe to try it.
In the T-Mobile Q&A forums sticky roll up thread is a link to a GPS fix (NV Rebuild). Follow the instructions there. It us primarily to solve GPS issues but I have seen it help with other problems similar to yours. It doesn't always help, but its certainly worth a shot.
Ill post a link to it in a few.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2211690