[KERNEL][AOSP4.4/5.1/6.0/7.1] dkp - d2att - 2/4/18

Search This thread

decimalman

Nov 3, 2012
New AOSP 4.4 & 5.0 builds are going up! Changelog:
  • Synced with CM
  • Fixed a longstanding bug I accidentally caused in intelliactive, and cleaned up asswax a little bit
  • Fixed rotation for SPH-L710T (triband) devices
  • Added new builds that support older KitKat ROMs. dkp causes problems (GPS, sync, etc. not working) on ROMs built before October 2014 or so. Builds listed under "dkp for AOSP 4.4.x (old ROMs)" should fix these problems.

Hmmm. The latest build is force closing apps on startup. I've cleaned the cache and dalvik.

Can you get me a logcat after an FC? I haven't had any issues like this.

If you've been using another kernel, you could try reflashing your ROM to clean up anything it left behind. Another user reported similar problems, and reflashing fixed it for him.

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
How does this compare to Shift that comes with CyanideL?
I let Shift run for a couple of days and I can't say I saw anything special with it... DKP has more to offer IMO and it's my favorite for a while now. Battery goes fast on CyanideL with either one, but that's due to the issues with the wakelocks from Google play. Since I fixed that, on a standard battery, I'm getting an average of 1.1%/hr on deep sleep and over 4 hours screen time. Running stable, no FCs or anything like that... The only issues I have come upstream from CM.

bloodstorm666

Jan 15, 2014
New AOSP 4.4 & 5.0 builds are going up! Changelog:
  • Synced with CM
  • Fixed a longstanding bug I accidentally caused in intelliactive, and cleaned up asswax a little bit
  • Fixed rotation for SPH-L710T (triband) devices
  • Added new builds that support older KitKat ROMs. dkp causes problems (GPS, sync, etc. not working) on ROMs built before October 2014 or so. Builds listed under "dkp for AOSP 4.4.x (old ROMs)" should fix these problems.

Can you get me a logcat after an FC? I haven't had any issues like this.

If you've been using another kernel, you could try reflashing your ROM to clean up anything it left behind. Another user reported similar problems, and reflashing fixed it for him.

Reflashing my ROM cured the problem. Thanks!!

Reactions: decimalman

bloodstorm666

Jan 15, 2014
Dude, your posts are extremely vague... People here are not fortune tellers, we can try to help but you gotta give more info than just "this isn't working, how do I fix it?"... Here's a solution to all of your non descriptive problems: go back to stock and stop flashing stuff on your phone.

Dang dude you don't have to be so hostile. Fast charge does not enable whenever I try and enable it with the quick toggle. I'm using the latest build of this kernel.

Reactions: canodroid15

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Dang dude you don't have to be so hostile. Fast charge does not enable whenever I try and enable it with the quick toggle. I'm using the latest build of this kernel.
"it's not working"..."be more specific about the problem"..."oh! It doesn't work when I click on the button"... - You see where this conversation is going?...

Change it with something else than the quick settings button, like with trickster mod... What happens?

bloodstorm666

Jan 15, 2014
"it's not working"..."be more specific about the problem"..."oh! It doesn't work when I click on the button"... - You see where this conversation is going?...

Change it with something else than the quick settings button, like with trickster mod... What happens?

OK it seems to enable when using trickster MOD, thanks. But why won't it enable using the quick toggle? Is this kernel incompatible with that?

decimalman

Nov 3, 2012
@decimalman - would it be possible for you to update dkp to 5.1 for the S3? There's quite a few ROMs out there updating to this version and I would like to try them out with dkp if it's not asking too much :)

Working on it now. :) Git choked on the recent camera changes in a really bad way, so it might take a little while to get everything building again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to decimalman's kernel playground!

As the name suggests, dkp is a hodgepodge of features and tweaks that I wanted to play with. It should get excellent battery life without feeling sluggish. It doesn't come with its own tuner app, so pick your favorite. Personally, I like Trickster MOD and Kernel Adiutor, so I go out of my way to make things work in them. Most other apps should work, too.

Features:
    • Overclocking up to 2.1 GHz, but you'll need to increase your voltages to get there (if you can get there at all)
    • Underclocking down to 54 MHz, with stability improvements
    • Undervolting compatible with most apps
    • Fast charge without unplugging first
    • Glorious animations for the notification and softkey LEDs
    • Well-integrated erandom means you don't need CrossBreeder or Seeder (recent AOSP builds use ISAAC instead)
    • freelunch and tierservative governors for optimal battery life without sacrificing responsiveness
    • Automatic mpdecision and auto-hotplug are only enabled when needed
    • Adjustable minimum voltage for stability on finicky processors
    • Optimized UKSM to free up some extra memory
    • Code optimizations for size and speed
    • Compiler optimizations (-O3, LTO, and more) because faster is better

Donors: Thanks, everyone! Your generosity is much appreciated. :good:
    drpenguino, 0xScott, vmancini3 (twice! :good:), Ch4m3l30n, rompnit, Mystique, ryandubbz, techdog, ElwOOd_CbGp, ScOULaris, ZipAddict

Remember:
    • Nandroid!
    • last_kmsg and/or logcat or it didn't happen.
    • Other kernels have their own threads or forums. Discuss them there.
    • Image dumps (settings, battery life, whatever) belong inside [HIDE][/HIDE] (that's HIDE, if you're on the mobile app) tags.
    • Be silly. We're here to have fun.

Installation:
    1. Reboot to recovery. I recommend that one recovery...you know, the one that flashes zips? I forget what it's called. :p
    2. Flash dkp. Optionally, rename and flash dkp-vmin-XXX.zip (see below).
    3. Reboot.

Undervolting:
    Undervolting on dkp is more complex than other kernels. Some processors get unstable at lower voltages, so (like the stock kernel) dkp keeps the processor voltage above 1150 mV by default. I refer to this limit as the minimum voltage. In order to undervolt, you'll need to lower the minimum voltage: if you use Trickster MOD or Kernel Adiutor, just disable "Override Minimum Voltage", otherwise rename dkp-vmin-XXX.zip to e.g. dkp-vmin-600.zip (which would apply a 600 mV minimum voltage) and flash it. If this causes instability (crashes, audio/video glitches, etc.), try using dkp-vmin-XXX.zip to apply a higher minimum voltage (somewhere between 950 and 1050 mV seems to work well for most people).

Downloads:
    MediaFire:
    All Downloads

dkp-vmin-XXX.zip

Solidfiles (Make sure you have an adblocker!):
    All Downloads

dkp-vmin-XXX.zip

Source: I'm always happy to see my code used, so cherry-pick away. I'll even put together feature patches if you ask nicely.
    There's new builds on both MediaFire and a new mirror, solidfiles. Hopefully solidfiles will be less awful than MediaFire. :fingers-crossed:

I don't know how often I'll be able to update dkp in the future. I've been having trouble finding the time to keep up with development and support lately, and that won't change anytime soon. If anyone wants to fork dkp and keep it updated yourself, please do. If you need help getting set up, I'll try to help.

Anyway, new builds! Changelog:
    • Synced 5.1 with CM. I have no idea what changes I picked up. There are just too many.
    • Updated tierservative. I removed a ton of logic and fixed a lot of misbehavior, particularly during moderate usage.
    • Fixed a tiny bug.

Could you update the kernel and add some extra features!
    Will you add more hotplugs, faux sound, fast charge controls.

I don't plan on adding any new hotplug stuff for a while. I've got an idea I'd like to play with, but I haven't had time for it. Faux sound is already supported, but Faux never updated it for our device, so it might not work with newer apps. Fast charge has been supported since early 2013.

It's usually considered bad forum etiquette to ask for updates and eta's. These guys don't get paid for this, unless you plan to donate.

Yup. I do this for fun. It's hard to look at all the bug reports (with workarounds posted two posts above :mad:) and requests and still feel like I'm having fun.
    Bugs:
    Let me know.

Stable changelog:
    3/3/13: Initial release for d2spr. Didn't get around to making threads for other carriers.
    4/8/13 (3.0):
    • FauxSound support
    • Strip more useless stuff
    • A few bonus optimizations
    4/8/13 (3.4):
    • Port everything except erandom from 3.0
    • Enhance cpufreq for easier configuration
    4/24/13 (3.4):
    • Bugfixes: better support for tuner apps, fixed potential SOD bugs, automatic mpdecision fixups, etc.
    • Lots of CM/CAF/Linux updates
    • Working AssWax governor
    • Trinity colors support
    • sio, zen I/O schedulers
    • erandom is back!
    • Built with a super-fancy Linaro GCC 4.8.1-dev compiler toolchain for maximum -O3 goodness :p
    • Probably lots more, but there's hundreds of commits to sort through...
    5/29/13 (3.4):
    • Bugfixes: better overclocking support, better hwrng support, etc.
    • Updates: new CM updates, Linux 3.4.47, updated FauxSound driver, added invisiblek's new panel colors interface
    • Automatic auto-hotplug
    • New optimizations, including link-time optimization and an updated GNU+Linaro GCC 4.8.1-dev toolchain
    6/14/13 (3.4):
    • Bugfixes: fix several critical bugs in the 5/29 release.
    9/7/13 (3.4):
    • Fixes for OC, UV, auto-hotplug.
    • A few new optimizations.
    • Synced up with CM.
    9/20/13 (TW):
    • Ported everything from AOSP to TW.
    9/20/13 (4.3):
    • Merged 4.3 from CM into the existing 4.2 code.

Current experimental branches:
    • Nothing interesting at the moment.
    I finally got everything merged and working again (some weird compiler misbehavior was preventing everything from building), and there's a new AOSP build up on MediaFire. Changelog:
    • Merged everything from CM. This includes changes to the wifi driver that probably won't work on ROMs before 7/23!
    • Linux 3.4.99 and BFQ v7r5
    It's finally time for the new AOSP test build I've been teasing! I'm pretty excited about the new installer: it allows on-the-fly splash screen generation, ramdisk tweaks, and it's multi-threaded so it doesn't take forever to cook the new ramdisk.

There have been a lot of splash screens posted in the last couple days, and I can't pick just one. I rolled eight into this build, and the installer will pick one at random every flash. I'm thinking about changing the lineup every couple builds, so keep the splash screens coming. :good:

Downloads aren't going to the usual location! Dev-Host has been pretty unreliable, and when I heard that they're sneaking bogus APKs in with legitimate downloads, I decided I'm done with them. Downloads are up on Mediafire. I haven't been able to find an ideal file host, but Mediafire seems less awful than most. EDIT: Mediafire is acting up already. :( Direct link is here.

Changelog:
    • Ermahgerd splersh screrns*!
    • Updated to a toolchain based on GCC trunk (i.e. GCC 4.9 development)
    • Linux 3.4.79 and oodles of CM updates
    • Stripped a few useless bits from the board file
    • Fixed the power key not rebooting
    • By request, added simple GPU governor
    • Changed the default minimum voltage back to stock**
    • Lowered absolute minimum voltage limit to 600 mV for the few phones that can undervolt below 700 mV

* I included eight splash screens, one of which will be randomly picked at each flash. If you'd prefer, you can switch to a custom splash screen: extract the initlogo.rle from a splash screen zip to dkp/splash.rle in your internal storage, and it'll be applied automatically whenever you flash. Copying a PNG to dkp/splash.png also works, and I'll add support for JPEGs soon.

** The stock defaults are back. Too many of the issues being reported are (probably) caused by the lowered default voltages. There's a new (fixed) custom vmin zip here to lower the limit, Trickster's "Override Minimum Voltage" still works, and the old (lowered) default will carry over until you flash a new ROM. I'm considering adding an addon.d script so that a custom minimum voltage setting will carry over after ROM updates, but I haven't gotten to it yet.