[BASEBAND's + KERNEL's] all i8190 models in one place [CWM+TWRP]

Search This thread

indig0F10w

Oct 10, 2014
Carrier unlock right, and error after flashing original firmware from SamMobile?
With original firmware you flashed (Odin) you shouldn't need basebands/kernels here. These phones apart from unlock code errors working?

Yes, T-Mobile carrier unlock codes are not working. The phones are both GT-i8190 one with CM12.1 and other with stock ROM from SamMobile - working perfectly.

I used SkipSoft Unified Android Toolkit to originally root/flash but now I use Odin or TWRP depending on what I need to do.

Edit: I flashed 2015-08-10; Croatia (T-Mobile); I8190XXALJL; I8190CROALK2 Firmware from SamMobile and still doesn't work.

Last edited:

batman1950

Apr 12, 2016
How to know what modem to use or kernel? I wish to use Virginity ROM....risght now my wifi is not working (can't even turn it on). my device is gt-i8190

0noSendai

Apr 25, 2016
Which modem for omnirom (android 5.1.1) and how to flash?

Hi folks,
I'm trying to resurrect an old s3 mini and for this it seems that omni-rom could be a good compromise between newish android and lack of performance on the old hardware. I've installed it, but failed due to problems with the baseband (phone would reboot when a call came in or mobile data is turned on). So, I need a newer modem software, but since there are many versions of the modem software, I'm asking which modem would you recommend for android 5.1.1? And also how do you install the modem? Via TWRP or heimdall (or Odin if necessary)?

Cheers!

0noSendai

Apr 25, 2016
Hi folks,
I'm trying to resurrect an old s3 mini and for this it seems that omni-rom could be a good compromise between newish android and lack of performance on the old hardware. I've installed it, but failed due to problems with the baseband (phone would reboot when a call came in or mobile data is turned on). So, I need a newer modem software, but since there are many versions of the modem software, I'm asking which modem would you recommend for android 5.1.1? And also how do you install the modem? Via TWRP or heimdall (or Odin if necessary)?

Cheers!

Nevermind, figured it out. I've installed the newest zip (GT-I8190-XXAOE2.zip) directly from within TWRP. I also used TWRP to do a full backup of everything beforehand.

And now I'm using Omni Rom with Android 4.4.4 for which I had to use Gapps from here. Looks good so far.

Top Liked Posts