No registration required

Charger NXT 2.0 - Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 robot for S3 mini

OP macieek1235

3rd July 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

38 posts
Hi everyone,

Now we have holidays ( I love it ) and a lot of free time. During the school year I studied a lot but now I can play with my lego bricks
So a few days ago I thought about annoying problem with my phone and charging it.

All time I'd like to charge my phone I have to push away my bed, plug charger to the socket and then plug the phone to the USB cable. So I thought I could build a robot which would plug charger to the socket if I turned it ( my robot :P ) on.

I was building it for three days ( with long breaks for sleep, meals, etc. ) and I think it wasn't easy. I have built also a charging dock for (my) the best phone -> Samsung Galaxy SIII mini

CHARGER NXT 2.0 FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII MINI

I'm really satisfied with the resuls To build I have used NXT brick, one servo motor, one touch sensor and a light sensor. I used a lot of varous bricks from 9695 and 8547 sets.

How does it work?

If you want to charge your phone you have to only put your phone in the charging dock and turn on robot. When you turn program on, the lamp will also turn on. If it is green, your phone will charge. If it is red, you have to click "PLUG" and then your phone will charge. That's all
Let's see what I have done

Some photos

Quote:

Here is a program (I know it is easy to do it but I'd like to share it )

Please write what you think about my work.

If you had LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 program, I'd share the program in .rbt in attachment (compressed in WinRAR).
Attached Files
File Type: rar Charger.rar - [Click for QR Code] (113.0 KB, 29 views)
Last edited by macieek1235; 22nd August 2014 at 11:16 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to macieek1235 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

38 posts
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macieek1235 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 304

476 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by macieek1235

Reserved

Hey just like to say that this work is quite good and impressive i havent used my mindstorm ever since i tried making a driverless car idea
ill definately give this a try although having to rebuild from my current aligator
can you please post pictures of actual dock and pieces used?
again great work
2nd October 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 4,025

4,285 posts
More
What a cool idea!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging dock, lego mindstorms, lego robot, nxt, siii mini
Previous Thread Next Thread