Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 53,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Another dead s3 mini

Tip us?

DomagojR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
But what if they are able to fix it with jtag box or something?

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKid98189 View Post
Well if they can't switch it on then they can't see the custom binary...?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Since then I haven't rooted it as I'm scared that it could brick again. That's why I wanted an official KitKat upgrade which Samsung don't give for bs reasons!
You can just use VRoot. It's easy to achieve root with it After rooting and installing a custom recovery ALWAYS do a nandroid backup before trying to flash or modify ANYTHING! That's what I do and never spend more than 10 mins (the time required to restore my nandroid) with a bricked phone :P
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : ^S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4^ (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.3 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock ANF3 3.0.31-1550178
Baseband : I8190XXANF3

KoolKid98189
Old
(Last edited by KoolKid98189; 8th July 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
You can just use VRoot. It's easy to achieve root with it After rooting and installing a custom recovery ALWAYS do a nandroid backup before trying to flash or modify ANYTHING! That's what I do and never spend more than 10 mins (the time required to restore my nandroid) with a bricked phone :P
But the thing is that I had KitKat by Maclaw for a while. Then one evening it was charging and it just died without warning. It was dead for one day and then it switched on but it just showed bootlogo and switched off. That's when I realised it was semi hard bricked.

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
But the thing is that I had KitKat by Maclaw for a while. Then one evening it was charging and it just died without warning. It was dead for one day and then it switched on but it just showed bootlogo and switched off. Then when I realised it was semi hard bricked.
That's why I stick with stock-based custom ROMs, zero or very little or minor bugs. No problems with me so far
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : ^S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4^ (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.3 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock ANF3 3.0.31-1550178
Baseband : I8190XXANF3

hleotangco
Old
Thanks Meter 7
This also happened to me. Without warning. I have the same experience as the OP. I keep hearing the connecting/disconnecting sound on my laptop when I connect it to my laptop.

KoolKid98189
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
That's why I stick with stock-based custom ROMs, zero or very little or minor bugs. No problems with me so far
But then wouldn't I lose the warranty? And Maclaw's CM11 ROM was the best, I miss out on so many good features on stock and it's so much slower than CM11. I just don't want to end up having another bricked S3 mini though.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleotangco View Post
This also happened to me. Without warning. I have the same experience as the OP. I keep hearing the connecting/disconnecting sound on my laptop when I connect it to my laptop.
Don't bother trying to revive it if it's hard bricked. Because they won't find out about the root if they can't turn it on.

hleotangco
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
But then wouldn't I lose the warranty? And Maclaw's CM11 ROM was the best, I miss out on so many good features on stock and it's so much slower than CM11. I just don't want to end up having another bricked S3 mini though.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Don't bother trying to revive it if it's hard bricked. Because they won't find out about the root if they can't turn it on.
thats the thing tho. my warranty just expired last month. now im thinking if i should buy a moto g. i just have to live without the sd card...

KoolKid98189
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleotangco View Post
thats the thing tho. my warranty just expired last month. now im thinking if i should buy a moto g. i just have to live without the sd card...
Oh, void or just finished?

hleotangco
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Oh, void or just finished?
finished. I only have a year warranty for my phone. After it ended, I terminated my contract with my carrier cause it's more cost effective for me to just use pay-as-you-go sims...