Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] EFS Professional v2.1.73 show wrong /efs partition?

Tip us?
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
(Last edited by xXPR0T0TYPEXx; 2nd July 2014 at 06:37 PM.)
#1  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 524
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [SOLVED] EFS Professional v2.1.73 show wrong /efs partition?

Hi guys,

I want backup my /efs partition to avoid mistakes if i flash new ROMs on my phone and I did read in the forums that some guys lost there IMEI number etc. because the /efs partition was deleted after flashed a new ROM. So now I want do a /efs backup to avoid this. But EFS Professional show the wrong partition of my /efs partition. It show mmcblk0p9 but DiskInfo show mmcblk0p11 (and i believe that mmcblk0p11 is correct).
I also did backup my efs via TWRP.
I have cyanogenmod 11 installed. Maybe CM11 cause this problem or have EFS pro a bug? I really want backup my /efs guys and I hope you can help me

Some infos about my phone :

Model number : GT-I8190
Cyanogenmod 11 installed
Baseband : I8190XXAMG4
Busybox version : 1.22.1

Problem solved : I made a efs backup via Terminal Emulator with success and it's much faster and it backup correctly than efs pro. Thanks to @tys0n for this trick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404299764358.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	2828537   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404299775640.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	2828538   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404299785489.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2828539  
 
Gw|n
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 72
Join Date: Mar 2010
ESF Professional v2 doesn't work correctly, you need v1.
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#3  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 524
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gw|n View Post
ESF Professional v2 doesn't work correctly, you need v1.
V1 doesn't work. It freeze always while it installing. :sly:
 
tys0n
Old
#4  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,245
Posts: 1,982
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
I find it much easier to back up all important partitions with dd command instead of trying to find a software that's compatible.
Once it's "bricked" you'll probably have to dd your backups back to phone thru adb anyway because backed up "raw" img's taken straight from device is not 100% safe to flash thru odin without repacking to samsung sparse images which is a lot of job imo.
To be completly safe (I think) there is three partitions.
mmcblk0p9 - cspsa.img
mmcblk0p11 - EFS.img
mmcblk0p12 - modemfs.img
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
(Last edited by xXPR0T0TYPEXx; 2nd July 2014 at 04:43 PM.)
#5  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 524
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
I find it much easier to back up all important partitions with dd command instead of trying to find a software that's compatible.
Once it's "bricked" you'll probably have to dd your backups back to phone thru adb anyway because backed up "raw" img's taken straight from device is not 100% safe to flash thru odin without repacking to samsung sparse images which is a lot of job imo.
To be completly safe (I think) there is three partitions.
mmcblk0p9 - cspsa.img
mmcblk0p11 - EFS.img
mmcblk0p12 - modemfs.img
I made a backup with EFS pro and it backed up the wrong partitions but one thing is good because it also backed up my efs folder (mmcblk0p11 partition) but EFS pro thinks mmcblk0p11 is modemfs2 (takes 16MB) and mmcblk0p9 is efs (takes 1024KB). Can I rename modemfs2.img to efs.img and restore it back to my phone if my efs get deleted ramdomly?

EDIT : how can i backup my efs partition with ADB? I don't know much about ADB and can I also backup my efs via Terminal Emulator?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404315571514.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	2828864  
 
tys0n
Old
#6  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,245
Posts: 1,982
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
I made a backup with EFS pro and it backed up the wrong partitions but one thing is good because it also backed up my efs folder (mmcblk0p11 partition) but EFS pro thinks mmcblk0p11 is modemfs2 (takes 16MB) and mmcblk0p9 is efs (takes 1024KB). Can I rename modemfs2.img to efs.img and restore it back to my phone if my efs get deleted ramdomly?

EDIT : how can i backup my efs partition with ADB? I don't know much about ADB and can I also backup my efs via Terminal Emulator?
Yes, you can just rename it.
To make a backup in terminal, example for efs:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/extSdCard/EFS.img
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#7  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 524
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
Yes, you can just rename it.
To make a backup in terminal, example for efs:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/extSdCard/EFS.img
Wow it worked well and much faster than efs pro and how can I restore my efs.img with terminal? And did i backup correct? Is 16MB normal? Please check Screenshot I use first time terminal Emulator
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404318734243.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	2828965  
 
tys0n
Old
#8  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,245
Posts: 1,982
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
Wow it worked well and much faster than efs pro and how can I restore my efs.img with terminal? And did i backup correct? Is 16MB normal? Please check Screenshot I use first time terminal Emulator
It looks ok

16MB is the size of the whole block. It's probably the best way to back up because you don't have to think about permissions on files and folders when you restore it. Of course you can zip it after so it takes less space, and keep the backups in a safe place

To restore you'll have to switch input and output.

Code:
dd if=/extSdCard/EFS.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#9  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 524
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
It looks ok

16MB is the size of the whole block. It's probably the best way to back up because you don't have to think about permissions on files and folders when you restore it. Of course you can zip it after so it takes less space, and keep the backups in a safe place

To restore you'll have to switch input and output.

Code:
dd if=/extSdCard/EFS.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
Thank you very much, mate
Now i should know how to backup/restore efs partition via Terminal Emulator

The Following User Says Thank You to xXPR0T0TYPEXx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes