[Q] An honest site needed to buy imei

Search This thread

joeroni

Jun 15, 2011
niagara falls,canada
I've tried unlocking all but after too many hours of reading,searches,downloads,installs than virus removals and rooting and money. Used my credit card 3 times for sim unlock at online companies. All three screwed me but got money back from one. I think cause they are Canadian phones.
They gave me these reasons and a few more. Than kept my money.
The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th 2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be unlocked.Although this model is generally un-lockable, there are instances where codes cannot be generated.
The IMEI number submitted was incorrect.
I check on these and none pertain to these phones n the imei # was correct.

In Canada its Not illegal here to unlock if you own the phone out-rite.
I'm looking for an honest place online that sells the imei or just the sim unlock codes for a good price. The average price from the networks like rogers
here is $50 and that's half of the phones worth. I'm retired can't afford that.
Right now I'm trying to unlock my Samsung galaxy S3 mini.
Anyone know a $5 to $10 site?

I own all four cells.
Sony Erricson xperia X10a Rogers Canada

Huawei Ascend Y300-0151 Rooted Bell .

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e SGH-T599V Wind

samsung galaxy S3 mini, Canadian Model SM-G730W8 Rogers
Android 4.4.2
SW-VER G730W8VLUAMK1
smg730rfmc

Last edited by a moderator:

joeroni

Jun 15, 2011
niagara falls,canada
I've tried unlocking all but after too many hours of reading,searches,downloads,installs than virus removals and rooting and money. Used my credit card 3 times for sim unlock at online companies. All three screwed me but got money back from one. I think cause they are Canadian phones.
They gave me these reasons and a few more. Than kept my money.
The phone is blacklisted by the provider or reported lost or stolen
It is now illegal within the USA to unlock Phones purchased after January 26th 2013, if your phone was purchased after this date it cannot be unlocked.Although this model is generally un-lockable, there are instances where codes cannot be generated.
The IMEI number submitted was incorrect.
I check on these and none pertain to these phones n the imei # was correct.

In Canada its Not illegal here to unlock if you own the phone out-rite.
I'm looking for an honest place online that sells the imei or just the sim unlock codes for a good price. The average price from the networks like rogers
here is $50 and that's half of the phones worth. I'm retired can't afford that.
Right now I'm trying to unlock my Samsung galaxy S3 mini.
Anyone know a $5 to $10 site?

I own all four cells.

Hey Joeroni I understand why you don't want to pay $50 to unlock a $100 phone.
But we can't really help with any recommendations cause we might offend someone
here that sells codes or software.Even though you have been ripped off from
some online companies.There are many ways here to unlock your phone but we
understand that one click root n unlock is much harder than stated and many
have bricked their phones.Which you can't afford to do.Like when you one click
root n unlock your Canadian Huawei Ascend Y300-0151.Its rooted n modem unlocked
but still locked to Bell.So learn roms now. Besides there are so many softwares
for Samsung that don't do your Canadian Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Canadian Model
SM-G730W8. Which you found out after hours n hours of reading n trying. We also
don't like answering people that are not geniuses already at this stuff. Not
even suggesting on the easiest software that you can buy credits that definitly
works on your Canadian phones.
So rather than learning to do your own phones here. Why don't you just quit
trying and pay the $40 and go to the corner shop n have them do it.Them shops
are popping up all over the place. Sound right?

Last edited by a moderator:

joeroni

Jun 15, 2011
niagara falls,canada
If less people bought "lost or stolen" phones there would be lots less lost or stolen phones.

And like I said they are not stolen or blacklisted. They are difficult because they are Canadian and software little diff. They are mine. You see while some sell software others codes n so fourth. Its all about money now. This site used to help people now it seems like all retail just want money now or THEY GET IGNORANT if your a newbie and not a genius at roms n stuff. Or I guess putting out money to the site. To have to pay half of what the phones are worth just to unlock them is wrong. Most learned how to do it from this site for years. Now I get they must be stolen.

themountig

Feb 22, 2012
Barnsley
If the phones in question are tied by contract to a particular service provider they are not owned by you. If you owned the phones legally and they are not tied by any contract unlocking would be simply achieved by calling the service provider to release the handset. If you wish to circumvent the law or break a phones link to a contract illegally why would you ask here. Such activities are expressly prohibited by this site and abusing members for not providing you with the tools to do this is disgraceful.

joeroni

Jun 15, 2011
niagara falls,canada
Listen here I keep telling you trouble maker that they are good. I know about all that stuff. Two I got after 2 year contract n went with other company . Then two bought out rite. I've already called the companies that were my providers from each phone. Asked how much to unlock them. That was my first move. Rogers checked and my cell was ok not blacklisted with them and wanted $50 plus 15% tax . I thought that was too much cause by law they have to provide an unlock to me. They said ya for a price $50.00 It's the same at the other major providers like bell fido rogers that i tried. All phones are ok to unlock but i must pay too much. So I try some online imei codes but get ripped off n now they have my credit card numbers. Damn. So I do searches n read n check out every software figuring ill do myself and pay for credits. but most software i checked does the samsung galaxy S3 mini but not the Canadian SM-G730W8 model. Same with my ol Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a. Different than regular x10. So I come here ask for few links or help. I get a senior member giving me BS. Your a trouble maker themountig and I don't need your help or accusations. Now once again people they have been checked and are all ok.

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
I checked the IMEI for your S3 and it has not been blacklisted, so I believe you when you say you own it outright. I also went ahead and removed your IMEI numbers from this thread because unscrupulous people will transfer them to devices that have been blacklisted so that those devices can work again. This activity is illegal in most places that support IMEI blacklisting and typically any discussion about how to change your IMEI is removed from xda.

In this case, I think why you really want is to SIM unlock your device. I am not sure what the laws are in Canada, and depending on where you live the carrier may or may not be required to provide you with an unlock code for free. Pretty much everywhere they have to do it if you own the phone. Typically SIM unlocking your device is not something that is supported very much on xda...rooting, unlocking the bootloader, yeah that gets done a lot around here.

You may want to bring up the issue with whomever you want as your new provider. They may be able to help you with Rogers or they may have another solution for you. Vodafone took care of an issue with my old provider when I switched to them. It is probably best to stay away from the online SIM unlocking services because it is really easy to get ripped off.

Good luck!

Reactions: joeroni

joeroni

Jun 15, 2011
niagara falls,canada
Thank you justmpm. I did not think about why people would want my old imei numbers. I did contact the company and yes they have to open it but at their price. That $50 is half of what I can buy the same phone unlocked online. My kids friends are techs at HP (bunch of crazy kids) and will unlock my phone this weekend if need be. They are also checking out these websites that ripped me off. One site is already down. unlock-freedom.cm They say they have a surprise for the other one this weekend. These companies must be making millions ripping people off. Well couple days ago I found another site advertising right here at my post. So now I'm waiting on code-unlock-shop that had a decent price and advertises doing Canadian cells. We will see. Its my last try.
Thank you justmpm for the info and removing my imei numbers. Most of all thanks for the respect.

themountig

Feb 22, 2012
Barnsley
I want to be clear. I am not accusing you of anything underhand it's just that an IMEI is meant to be attached to one cellphone. People who sell them are outside the law and therefore have no morals which would prevent them from ripping you off. The moderator removed your numbers from your post to protect you. Where do you think IMEI sellers get the numbers they sell as they can't be obtained legally or sold honestly. Sim unlocking is accepted practice IMEI selling is not. Therefore your request to be pointed to an honest seller is not possible. I should have simply pointed out to you that you were asking for the wrong thing, therefore I apologise for giving the wrong impression. Pleased you have so many young experts to guide and assist you and wish you well.

joeroni

Jun 15, 2011
niagara falls,canada
Its legal here in Canada to unlock your phone if you own it. But its expensive to have someone do it for you. SO Ive tried here and rooted both Huawei Ascend and the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e but most software don't do the Canadian models. So thats when I tried the easy number unlock. Getting ripped off though. Didnt know that was illegal cause they advertise everywhere. Even in my evening newspaper. Im finding this out the hard way. I seen another site that does Canadian phones. Right here at this post. htp://www.code-unlock-shop.cm . Advertising right here but Ripping people off? Been 4 or 5 days now and still haven't heard from them. Another $15. Another scam that has my visa numbers. Damn it. I'd be ahead of the game if I stayed off this site and buy a new unlocked cell phone and hell with playing with cell phones. Well all my kids tech buddies are dropping in this weekend to check on these sites that ripped me off. Ill let them little crazies deal with them. Problem solved I'm buying a new phone that I can't afford.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I checked the IMEI for your S3 and it has not been blacklisted, so I believe you when you say you own it outright. I also went ahead and removed your IMEI numbers from this thread because unscrupulous people will transfer them to devices that have been blacklisted so that those devices can work again. This activity is illegal in most places that support IMEI blacklisting and typically any discussion about how to change your IMEI is removed from xda.

In this case, I think why you really want is to SIM unlock your device. I am not sure what the laws are in Canada, and depending on where you live the carrier may or may not be required to provide you with an unlock code for free. Pretty much everywhere they have to do it if you own the phone. Typically SIM unlocking your device is not something that is supported very much on xda...rooting, unlocking the bootloader, yeah that gets done a lot around here.

You may want to bring up the issue with whomever you want as your new provider. They may be able to help you with Rogers or they may have another solution for you. Vodafone took care of an issue with my old provider when I switched to them. It is probably best to stay away from the online SIM unlocking services because it is really easy to get ripped off.

Good luck!