Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,396 Members 36,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How I restored my S3-GT-I8190 “not booting to CWM or TWRP recovery mode”

Tip us?

revos_vision
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile How I restored my S3-GT-I8190 “not booting to CWM or TWRP recovery mode”

To do this you would need the files listed below;
1. Download Odin 3.07
2. Samsung USB drivers
3. Download (recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.2.7-GTI8190.rar ) OR ( recovery-twrp-2.4.3.0-GTI8190.rar )
4. Finally the most important file: Enable_3_button_Boot_Recovery_GTI8190.rar

STEPS TO FOLLOW
1. Download and install Odin 3.07 to your PC
2. Install Samsung USB drivers to your PC
3. Now boot your phone to Download mode by holding (Volume down + Home + Power button)
4. Launch Odin 3.07 on PC and plug your phone via USB to your PC. Odin should detect your phone with blue icon (ID:COM) indicator
5. Using Odin 3.07, find and Install (recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.2.7-GTI8190.rar ) OR ( recovery-twrp-2.4.3.0-GTI8190.rar ) to phone if you don’t have either files pre-installed before.
6. After installing, your phone should reboot up normally and then turn it off again and repeat step 3
7. To activate or restore booting to CWM or TWRP mode, Use Odin to find and install: Enable_3_button_Boot_Recovery_GTI8190.rar
8. Once installation is complete, your phone should reboot up again normally and then turn it off again
9. Hold (Volume up + Home + power button) to boot to CWM or TWRP recovery mode. Finally your CWM or TWRP mode should boot up and display on screen in few seconds.
10. Congratulations, you have restored booting CWM or TWRP mode.

PROVIDED BY: REVOS VISION BLOG

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by revos_vision View Post
To do this you would need the files listed below;
1. Download Odin 3.07
2. Samsung USB drivers
3. Download (recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.2.7-GTI8190.rar ) OR ( recovery-twrp-2.4.3.0-GTI8190.rar )
4. Finally the most important file: Enable_3_button_Boot_Recovery_GTI8190.rar

STEPS TO FOLLOW
1. Download and install Odin 3.07 to your PC
2. Install Samsung USB drivers to your PC
3. Now boot your phone to Download mode by holding (Volume down + Home + Power button)
4. Launch Odin 3.07 on PC and plug your phone via USB to your PC. Odin should detect your phone with blue icon (ID:COM) indicator
5. Using Odin 3.07, find and Install (recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.2.7-GTI8190.rar ) OR ( recovery-twrp-2.4.3.0-GTI8190.rar ) to phone if you don’t have either files pre-installed before.
6. After installing, your phone should reboot up normally and then turn it off again and repeat step 3
7. To activate or restore booting to CWM or TWRP mode, Use Odin to find and install: Enable_3_button_Boot_Recovery_GTI8190.rar
8. Once installation is complete, your phone should reboot up again normally and then turn it off again
9. Hold (Volume up + Home + power button) to boot to CWM or TWRP recovery mode. Finally your CWM or TWRP mode should boot up and display on screen in few seconds.
10. Congratulations, you have restored booting CWM or TWRP mode.

PROVIDED BY: REVOS VISION BLOG
Wrong forum my friend you need to post this information here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-mini << in the Q&A section..

Anybody reading this do not download these files for your S3 I9300 they are for the Galaxy S3 Mini it will damage your device or brick your device

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6