Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't Install KitKat on s3 mini HELP!

OP SayIDidIt™

31st August 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Here are two posts I posted on another site. If someone could help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Post 1
I have a Galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190L and I tried rooting and installing Kitkat but I've been having some issues.

Here is what I did:

Downloaded Odin and Kies (for the phone drivers, Kies was closed while using Odin)

Downloaded CMW Recovery and a root.zip file

Flashed CMW and placed the root.zip on extSD card.

In Recovery mode, backed up system then installed the root file.

Downloaded Root Checker and it said I have root.

Then downloaded slim4.4_golden.nova.20140630.zip and a gapps file and placed them both on the extSD.

Using Recovery (Vol Up+Home+Power), wiped data and davika (whatever it's called) and then flashed slim4 file. But I got an error.

I then tried cm11.0_golden.nova.20140823.zip which went smoothly and then gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip but in middle it stopped with an error and said something about process 7 (I think).

Anyone know what I should do? Would it be better to go through Odin instead of Recovery (using Odin compatible files, of course)?
Post 2
Changed to TWRP2

Backed up all data then did a full format incl. chache and davlik.

Then installed th SlimKAT file and gApps.

(I did NOT format chache after install)

Rebooted pone and saw Galaxy sIII mini screen like normal then cam SlimKAT logo (replacing Samsung's) but it just remained on the flashing SlimKAT logo.

I removed the battery and restored the phone using TWRP Recovery.

I then downloaded Nova Fusion's CM11 for s3 mini and tried flashing it but I got a Failed message. This happened with a number of Nova's files, including the latest (cm11.0_goldem.nova.20140830.zip)

I tried downloading the Odin version but for some reason it keeps stopping in middle (and I don't have unlimited internet and can't keep downloading files).

Didn't think this should be so hard...

Any help would be appreciated!
Please note, during part of this time I was unable to get into DOWNLOAD or RECOVERY modes. I ended up removing the battery and that helped, but for only one time. I had to remove the battery a number of times to get into these modes.

If you need more info, I will try to give it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SiDi™
1st September 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 51

336 posts
More
Go to NovaFusion.pl/download/ and choose you want rom and click odin andthen download andthen flash via odin
Try it, I don't know it is working or not

send for I8190N R-Mod v3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st September 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayIDidIt™

Here are two posts I posted on another site. If someone could help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Post 1

I have a Galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190L and I tried rooting and installing Kitkat but I've been having some issues.

Here is what I did:

Downloaded Odin and Kies (for the phone drivers, Kies was closed while using Odin)

Downloaded CMW Recovery and a root.zip file

Flashed CMW and placed the root.zip on extSD card.

In Recovery mode, backed up system then installed the root file.

Downloaded Root Checker and it said I have root.

Then downloaded slim4.4_golden.nova.20140630.zip and a gapps file and placed them both on the extSD.

Using Recovery (Vol Up+Home+Power), wiped data and davika (whatever it's called) and then flashed slim4 file. But I got an error.

I then tried cm11.0_golden.nova.20140823.zip which went smoothly and then gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip but in middle it stopped with an error and said something about process 7 (I think).

Anyone know what I should do? Would it be better to go through Odin instead of Recovery (using Odin compatible files, of course)?
Post 2
Changed to TWRP2

Backed up all data then did a full format incl. chache and davlik.

Then installed th SlimKAT file and gApps.

(I did NOT format chache after install)

Rebooted pone and saw Galaxy sIII mini screen like normal then cam SlimKAT logo (replacing Samsung's) but it just remained on the flashing SlimKAT logo.

I removed the battery and restored the phone using TWRP Recovery.

I then downloaded Nova Fusion's CM11 for s3 mini and tried flashing it but I got a Failed message. This happened with a number of Nova's files, including the latest (cm11.0_goldem.nova.20140830.zip)

I tried downloading the Odin version but for some reason it keeps stopping in middle (and I don't have unlimited internet and can't keep downloading files).

Didn't think this should be so hard...

Any help would be appreciated!
Please note, during part of this time I was unable to get into DOWNLOAD or RECOVERY modes. I ended up removing the battery and that helped, but for only one time. I had to remove the battery a number of times to get into these modes.

If you need more info, I will try to give it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SiDi™

Enable 3 button combo?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2157105
3rd September 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
CWM doesnt support KitKat, you need TWRP or Philz touch.
or flash via odin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread