FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Galaxy S3 crashes!

7th July 2014, 11:06 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello. Since 4.0 came for jelly bean i have experiencwd crashes on my phone! Let me explain:
Phone turns black and if i reboot it with the charger it gives a frozen loading circle and if i plug it out the phone starts as usual with the samsung logo WITHOUT sound!
Phone turns black and turns into boot loop until charger or battery is plugged in/taken out.
Happends with and withour charger plugged in!
Help?
Also if it helps: I8190

8th July 2014, 08:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
take out & re-insert battery, charge without switching on,
factory reset & flash firmware with odin
8th July 2014, 11:34 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerwolf-crowe

take out & re-insert battery, charge without switching on,
factory reset & flash firmware with odin

1: Didnt work. 2: Didnt work but longer battery time! 3: Didnt work! 4: Bricking risk.
8th July 2014, 05:28 PM |#4  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by linus2002pop

1: Didnt work. 2: Didnt work but longer battery time! 3: Didnt work! 4: Bricking risk.

You can't brick your phone by flashing with Odin (you've to be a complete idiot to do it). Just download an official ROM from sammobile or live.samsung-updates and flash the .md5 file as PDA in Odin
9th July 2014, 12:01 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

You can't brick your phone by flashing with Odin (you've to be a complete idiot to do it). Just download an official ROM from sammobile or live.samsung-updates and flash the .md5 file as PDA in Odin

I gave it a shot but it is still crashing! Any other ideas? Also i have found out something: If i keep my battery below 70% i wont crash. But if i get under 40% it results in boot loop.
9th July 2014, 01:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linus2002pop

I gave it a shot but it is still crashing! Any other ideas? Also i have found out something: If i keep my battery below 70% i wont crash. But if i get under 40% it results in boot loop.

Make sure that your battery isn't damaged (if it's damaged then buy a new battery) and maybe it's a hardware problem?
9th July 2014, 02:09 PM |#7  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx

Make sure that your battery isn't damaged (if it's damaged then buy a new battery) and maybe it's a hardware problem?

Sounds like a damaged battery to me. Try one from another S3 Mini or Ace II and see if it works.
9th July 2014, 08:57 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Not a battery problem! We have tested multiple methods including the spinning one!
Also this can be either because the 4.1.2 update that seems to have broken the so called "NAND memory". Im also going to say one thing: This started happening to many S3 minis when they passed the 1 year age.
My friend also HAD this problem on his old S3 mini but he buyed an iPhone Later.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread