FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Please I need your HELP...!

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By CrashOverride93, Member on 1st July 2014, 08:25 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm still with my broken SGS3 mini (GT-i8190) using it only for computer. I cannot make any call or something like that, so the internal signal doesn't work.
My phone broke about a year ago (IMEI null, not generic; Serial Number modificated; unknown baseband). This happended when I tried to flash the thirth time the ENOX ROM, and a couple of days after the phone begun to run slower, and 4 hours after (during the same day) the phone have frozen and didn't boot anymore.
Then I tried to flash (stocks ROM, stocks ROM with root, CM, Carbon ROM, etc...) and I cannot regenerate or recover the IMEI/SN/Baseband.


I have not any box to try to fix my phone, and I cannot buy one (a lot of money for me just now).
I thought that if it possible a thing, I would like to test but I don't know if it's possible.
I was thinking in take a entire EFS folder from other device SGS3 mini (same model, no L/N) and try to edit the files that contains the IMEI information and this thinks with hexadecimal editor. It would be possible? Or it's stupid try to do this? I don't know... **** (sorry).
 
 
1st July 2014, 08:36 PM |#2  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 234
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOverride93

I'm still with my broken SGS3 mini (GT-i8190) using it only for computer. I cannot make any call or something like that, so the internal signal doesn't work.
My phone broke about a year ago (IMEI null, not generic; Serial Number modificated; unknown baseband). This happended when I tried to flash the thirth time the ENOX ROM, and a couple of days after the phone begun to run slower, and 4 hours after (during the same day) the phone have frozen and didn't boot anymore.
Then I tried to flash (stocks ROM, stocks ROM with root, CM, Carbon ROM, etc...) and I cannot regenerate or recover the IMEI/SN/Baseband.


I have not any box to try to fix my phone, and I cannot buy one (a lot of money for me just now).
I thought that if it possible a thing, I would like to test but I don't know if it's possible.
I was thinking in take a entire EFS folder from other device SGS3 mini (same model, no L/N) and try to edit the files that contains the IMEI information and this thinks with hexadecimal editor. It would be possible? Or it's stupid try to do this? I don't know... **** (sorry).

Yes your EFS is broken. EFS is a partition and not just a folder You can backup a EFS from a another s3 mini and restore it to your one but you will get signal problems example WiFi because same MAC address) and the other s3 mini too. You should know the IMEI number is NOT saved in EFS partition, the real IMEI is saved in a hidden partition so it means you didn't lose your IMEI. But your IMEI security key code (it's saved in /efs>imei) is gone and it means you will never get access to your IMEI number again.
1st July 2014, 08:50 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx

Yes your EFS is broken. EFS is a partition and not just a folder You can backup a EFS from a another s3 mini and restore it to your one but you will get signal problems example WiFi because same MAC address) and the other s3 mini too. You should know the IMEI number is NOT saved in EFS partition, the real IMEI is saved in a hidden partition so it means you didn't lose your IMEI. But your IMEI security key code (it's saved in /efs>imei) is gone and it means you will never get access to your IMEI number again.

Thanks for all...
2nd July 2014, 01:32 AM |#4  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,279
 
More
Imei is probably stored in CSPSA partition which is mmcblk0p9. I can see my serialnr in there and referees to modemfs, but the rest is encrypted.
I started to look at this a bit closer today to see if I can find out how this all is put together.(efs/modemfs/CSPSA).
2nd July 2014, 09:01 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

Imei is probably stored in CSPSA partition which is mmcblk0p9. I can see my serialnr in there and referees to modemfs, but the rest is encrypted.
I started to look at this a bit closer today to see if I can find out how this all is put together.(efs/modemfs/CSPSA).

Please I need help!!!! I say what happended here... Could yo help me?
2nd July 2014, 08:30 PM |#6  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 13,971
 
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

May I remind you of the XDA RULES # 5

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes