Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please I need your HELP...!

Tip us?

CrashOverride93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Please I need your HELP...!

I'm still with my broken SGS3 mini (GT-i8190) using it only for computer. I cannot make any call or something like that, so the internal signal doesn't work.
My phone broke about a year ago (IMEI null, not generic; Serial Number modificated; unknown baseband). This happended when I tried to flash the thirth time the ENOX ROM, and a couple of days after the phone begun to run slower, and 4 hours after (during the same day) the phone have frozen and didn't boot anymore.
Then I tried to flash (stocks ROM, stocks ROM with root, CM, Carbon ROM, etc...) and I cannot regenerate or recover the IMEI/SN/Baseband.

I have not any box to try to fix my phone, and I cannot buy one (a lot of money for me just now).
I thought that if it possible a thing, I would like to test but I don't know if it's possible.
I was thinking in take a entire EFS folder from other device SGS3 mini (same model, no L/N) and try to edit the files that contains the IMEI information and this thinks with hexadecimal editor. It would be possible? Or it's stupid try to do this? I don't know... **** (sorry).

xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOverride93 View Post
I'm still with my broken SGS3 mini (GT-i8190) using it only for computer. I cannot make any call or something like that, so the internal signal doesn't work.
My phone broke about a year ago (IMEI null, not generic; Serial Number modificated; unknown baseband). This happended when I tried to flash the thirth time the ENOX ROM, and a couple of days after the phone begun to run slower, and 4 hours after (during the same day) the phone have frozen and didn't boot anymore.
Then I tried to flash (stocks ROM, stocks ROM with root, CM, Carbon ROM, etc...) and I cannot regenerate or recover the IMEI/SN/Baseband.

I have not any box to try to fix my phone, and I cannot buy one (a lot of money for me just now).
I thought that if it possible a thing, I would like to test but I don't know if it's possible.
I was thinking in take a entire EFS folder from other device SGS3 mini (same model, no L/N) and try to edit the files that contains the IMEI information and this thinks with hexadecimal editor. It would be possible? Or it's stupid try to do this? I don't know... **** (sorry).
Yes your EFS is broken. EFS is a partition and not just a folder You can backup a EFS from a another s3 mini and restore it to your one but you will get signal problems example WiFi because same MAC address) and the other s3 mini too. You should know the IMEI number is NOT saved in EFS partition, the real IMEI is saved in a hidden partition so it means you didn't lose your IMEI. But your IMEI security key code (it's saved in /efs>imei) is gone and it means you will never get access to your IMEI number again.

CrashOverride93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
Yes your EFS is broken. EFS is a partition and not just a folder You can backup a EFS from a another s3 mini and restore it to your one but you will get signal problems example WiFi because same MAC address) and the other s3 mini too. You should know the IMEI number is NOT saved in EFS partition, the real IMEI is saved in a hidden partition so it means you didn't lose your IMEI. But your IMEI security key code (it's saved in /efs>imei) is gone and it means you will never get access to your IMEI number again.
Thanks for all...

tys0n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1218
Imei is probably stored in CSPSA partition which is mmcblk0p9. I can see my serialnr in there and referees to modemfs, but the rest is encrypted.
I started to look at this a bit closer today to see if I can find out how this all is put together.(efs/modemfs/CSPSA).

CrashOverride93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
Imei is probably stored in CSPSA partition which is mmcblk0p9. I can see my serialnr in there and referees to modemfs, but the rest is encrypted.
I started to look at this a bit closer today to see if I can find out how this all is put together.(efs/modemfs/CSPSA).
Please I need help!!!! I say what happended here... Could yo help me?

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10532

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

May I remind you of the XDA RULES # 5

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe