Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Please I need your HELP...!

OP CrashOverride93

1st July 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

34 posts
I'm still with my broken SGS3 mini (GT-i8190) using it only for computer. I cannot make any call or something like that, so the internal signal doesn't work.
My phone broke about a year ago (IMEI null, not generic; Serial Number modificated; unknown baseband). This happended when I tried to flash the thirth time the ENOX ROM, and a couple of days after the phone begun to run slower, and 4 hours after (during the same day) the phone have frozen and didn't boot anymore.
Then I tried to flash (stocks ROM, stocks ROM with root, CM, Carbon ROM, etc...) and I cannot regenerate or recover the IMEI/SN/Baseband.

I have not any box to try to fix my phone, and I cannot buy one (a lot of money for me just now).
I thought that if it possible a thing, I would like to test but I don't know if it's possible.
I was thinking in take a entire EFS folder from other device SGS3 mini (same model, no L/N) and try to edit the files that contains the IMEI information and this thinks with hexadecimal editor. It would be possible? Or it's stupid try to do this? I don't know... **** (sorry).
1st July 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 202

584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashOverride93

I'm still with my broken SGS3 mini (GT-i8190) using it only for computer. I cannot make any call or something like that, so the internal signal doesn't work.
My phone broke about a year ago (IMEI null, not generic; Serial Number modificated; unknown baseband). This happended when I tried to flash the thirth time the ENOX ROM, and a couple of days after the phone begun to run slower, and 4 hours after (during the same day) the phone have frozen and didn't boot anymore.
Then I tried to flash (stocks ROM, stocks ROM with root, CM, Carbon ROM, etc...) and I cannot regenerate or recover the IMEI/SN/Baseband.

I have not any box to try to fix my phone, and I cannot buy one (a lot of money for me just now).
I thought that if it possible a thing, I would like to test but I don't know if it's possible.
I was thinking in take a entire EFS folder from other device SGS3 mini (same model, no L/N) and try to edit the files that contains the IMEI information and this thinks with hexadecimal editor. It would be possible? Or it's stupid try to do this? I don't know... **** (sorry).

Yes your EFS is broken. EFS is a partition and not just a folder You can backup a EFS from a another s3 mini and restore it to your one but you will get signal problems example WiFi because same MAC address) and the other s3 mini too. You should know the IMEI number is NOT saved in EFS partition, the real IMEI is saved in a hidden partition so it means you didn't lose your IMEI. But your IMEI security key code (it's saved in /efs>imei) is gone and it means you will never get access to your IMEI number again.
1st July 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx

Yes your EFS is broken. EFS is a partition and not just a folder You can backup a EFS from a another s3 mini and restore it to your one but you will get signal problems example WiFi because same MAC address) and the other s3 mini too. You should know the IMEI number is NOT saved in EFS partition, the real IMEI is saved in a hidden partition so it means you didn't lose your IMEI. But your IMEI security key code (it's saved in /efs>imei) is gone and it means you will never get access to your IMEI number again.

Thanks for all...
2nd July 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,262

1,982 posts
More
Imei is probably stored in CSPSA partition which is mmcblk0p9. I can see my serialnr in there and referees to modemfs, but the rest is encrypted.
I started to look at this a bit closer today to see if I can find out how this all is put together.(efs/modemfs/CSPSA).
2nd July 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

Imei is probably stored in CSPSA partition which is mmcblk0p9. I can see my serialnr in there and referees to modemfs, but the rest is encrypted.
I started to look at this a bit closer today to see if I can find out how this all is put together.(efs/modemfs/CSPSA).

Please I need help!!!! I say what happended here... Could yo help me?
2nd July 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 12,225

15,071 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

May I remind you of the XDA RULES # 5

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator