Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] Simply UNROOT the original ROM S3-mini I8190XXANC2 ?

OP stelwur

18th August 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi Guys!
Compliments for your forums. It's a very great work that you are doing here!

I hope it's not a duplicate topic. If it's so, my excuses for that!

I've downloaded that program Kingo Root V 1.2.3.2051, to unroot my S3-mini which have the rom I8190XXANC2 Vodafone Italy

After I started the program and connected the device, I had a doubt, so after few seconds that the program was communicating, I turned off my router, so internet was unavailable.
Then I had to wait 1 minute more till the program said that my device is unsupported, anyway it asked me to press the button "ROOT" .
I did nothing, then I closed the program and disconnected the phone.

Now searching with Google, I found out that this program may harm in some ways, so now I am worried, maybe I shouldn't but hehe you know....

The phone doesn't seems to have new apps installed neither to act weird, so now I ask myself, was able this program to modify or install something in the phone?

Either this answer is positive or not, at this point I would like to do what was my intent: Reset to default, unroot just this ROM version without remove anything (unwanted Vodafone apps), only unroot it and add the Supersu APP; nothing else. Then I can decide later what to keep or what to remove.

I searched a lot in your forums before write this topic, but I found only an extreme "tweaked" version, which isn't my goal.

Another thing that I don't understand is why I see more than one files to flash in the device, seems like it's the operating system, the modem binary, and the kernel? I understood well? It's obligatory to upload all three? Which sequence order?

You mention some applications which helps to upload the roms as like Odin, twrp2.7, I may be wrong, but don't seems that you have a specific topic or an updated download section. I am afraid to search in Google and maybe find some fake versions around with includes malware.

Sorry for all that questions, but I am very new to this Android world. To start for good I need some guidance. I hope you can help me somehow.

Thank you very much.
18th August 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 35

275 posts
More
Flash framework in odin

send for I8190N CM11 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th August 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thank you for the reply, Pang34, but I still don't know what I have to do and what I have to download.
19th August 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

275 posts
More
Download framework from http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190,and then download Odin v3.07,then open Odin via computer,power off your phone,power button+home button+vol down(download mode),use your cable connect to your computer,flash framework

The Following User Says Thank You to pang34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #5  
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 214

420 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pang34

Download framework from http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190,and then download Odin v3.07,then open Odin via computer,power off your phone,power button+home button+vol down(download mode),use your cable connect to your computer,flash framework

dead link
19th August 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

275 posts
More
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190

21st August 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thank you for the instructions and the links. From the samsung-updates I can download my original ROM and then with Odin restore my S3mini as factory mode. This may help to get rid of possible "some unwanted changes" done my the tool mentioned in main topic.

My next step is to gain the root access in the original ROM which is I8190XXANC2 OMN, and I dont desire to flash with too much tweaked versions, if possible. The ROM must stay as most close possible like the original, but with the root access.

Any help is very appreciated .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread