Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 46,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I love my GS3

Tip us?

jorv976
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Tell us why you still have your GS3 and why you love it?

I love mine bc for the last 2 years I have beat the crap out of it, with installing Roms, mods, updates, tweaks, and everything I threw at it, and it's still ticking! Great piece of equipment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jorv976 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirkdigles
Old
(Last edited by dirkdigles; 15th July 2014 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 131
I actually feel the same way. I had the itch for a new phone a few weeks back, have played with a Moto X etc.; don't get me wrong there's a lot of really nice, fast phones out there, but after the 4.4.2 update, debloating, and putting some ktoonsez kernel action on my phone, it really flies. I'm not certain a new device would really add that much value to what I already have.

No complaints whatsoever, still performs like a new device. Camera is still solid. Battery gets me through the day (I can usually eke out ~2h of screen-on time and have just under 50% battery left, and this is with the original stock battery than came with the phone).

All around a great device.
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-L710 flashed to Page Plus
ROM: Stock ND8 Debloated
Kernel: Stock Unsecured
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

code101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdigles View Post
I actually feel the same way. I had the itch for a new phone a few weeks back, have played with a Moto X etc.; don't get me wrong there's a lot of really nice, fast phones out there, but after the 4.4.2 update, debloating, and putting some ktoonsez kernel action on my phone, it really flies. I'm not certain a new device would really add that much value to what I already have.

No complaints whatsoever, still performs like a new device. Camera is still solid. Battery gets me through the day (I can usually eke out ~2h of screen-on time and have just under 50% battery left, and this is with the original stock battery than came with the phone).

All around a great device.
Same here. I'm up for an upgrade but I'm totally happy with the S3. It does everything I want in a phone. Great battery life. The camera is superb. All the apps I want run with no issues. Couldn't be happier with it.

alaman68
Old
Thanks Meter 853
totally agree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i likejpg.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	2863224  

6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 23rd July 2014 at 05:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 167
i love my galaxy s3 cause well i just got it honestly and its a very good phone (coming from a person that was in love with the Infuse 4g) well there's a lot more things i can do to this phone and i have done quite a few just love the fact that i get 4.4.2 KK TW stock rom on this phone the infuse was left behind at 2.3.6 GB and only taste of KK roms were AOSP......so i just love my Boost S3

Oh yeah here's how I have my home screen stock 4.4.2 ND8 with the NDC modem and S5 launcher and theme engine that came with the launcher from Wicked X Rom with the Sense 5 or 6 theme and the Blue Balls live wallpaper from CarbonRom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-21-40-39.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	2866236  
my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

current phone:
Boost Samsung Galaxy S3 running Wicked X v7.3

Past phone: latest to oldest
Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G retired
Samsung Galaxy S 4G 3rd time around
HTC myTouch 3G slide
Samsung Galaxy S 4G 2nd time around
T-mobile myTouch
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
HTC Sensation 4G i miss you :'(
Motorola Backflip

sevenpioverthree
Old
Thanks Meter 111
The gs3 was still the top smartphone at the time I bought it, and even 2 years and 2 generations later, i still think it's the top galaxy device. The s3 and s4 vary so slightly that when i updated my rom and debloated it i felt like i had the s4 pretty much. And with the difficulty in just rooting the s5 and the fact that it has a locked bootloader, i am still in no way jealous of any s5 owner (although the dev version is pretty cool). Despite all that, I've also thrown so much software at my device and it still runs great.

Galaxy S III (Sprint)
ROM: M.O.A.R v9.0
Kernel: Optimized Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
Baseband: MK5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sevenpioverthree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jorv976
Old
(Last edited by jorv976; 23rd July 2014 at 05:18 AM.) Reason: [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/yte5ujen.jpg[/IMG]
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
My kids have the s5 and n5 and I still love my s3. The n5 is nice but my phone is better than that. I have thrown every tw rom and aosp rom at it in the last almost 3 years and its still awesome. Especially since xPosed was introduced. I'm running SlimKat 6.4 and will stay w SlimKat. I also have a backup s3 who's power button broke on my son. I got him the s5, which is very pretty Btw, and I fixed the power button. Also on SlimKat. Works like new. Ill keep it if mine f's up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jorv976 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]