Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

For Those Suffering "Insufficient Storage" with Titanium Backup

OP ReapersDeath

4th August 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 217

1,313 posts
If this has been posted in this section or already stated in a easily viewable spot, feel free to delete this.

After a while of frustration and mixed answers and searching for a solution, I found one, well two.

This is for those who are having issues with Titanium Backup refusing to backup and such giving the error. The issue comes down to permissions. You can simply move your backup folder to your internal storage to fix it, which I hate, or you can do some edits.

No credit goes to me. Thank the guy who's post I came across that works on the S3 located at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357

All you need to do is make a simple edit in your platform.xml under etc/permissions in the root of your phone using a root Explorer app. Quoted from Bleez99

" I have a fix. I did a little research and found that you can edit /etc/permissions/platform.xml and add a group to WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Original:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

Add the media_rw group:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

" after that save and exit and restart your phone and all should work. I will edit this in the morning so the person responsible for their post will get proper credit. So happy now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ReapersDeath For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,399 posts
More
Just wanted to add for anyone's knowledge that may find this thread in a search.

3. Several apps on the Play Store that make the appropriate changes for you. Search for KitKat SD Fix.

4. I believe that using any custom kernel that is set to Permissive instead of Enforcing will do the trick, too. At the time of this writing:

a. Cnexus' Permissive but otherwise completely stock version of the ND8 kernel.

b. Cnexus' NexTkernel.

c. Ktoonsez' KT747 kernel for TouchWiz 4.4.2.

5. Flash a custom TouchWiz 4.4.2 ROM, which usually already have the necessary changes and/or kernel.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington

1,313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Just wanted to add for anyone's knowledge that may find this thread in a search.

3. Several apps on the Play Store that make the appropriate changes for you. Search for KitKat SD Fix.

4. I believe that using any custom kernel that is set to Permissive instead of Enforcing will do the trick, too. At the time of this writing:

a. Cnexus' Permissive but otherwise completely stock version of the ND8 kernel.

b. Cnexus' NexTkernel.

c. Ktoonsez' KT747 kernel for TouchWiz 4.4.2.

5. Flash a custom TouchWiz 4.4.2 ROM, which usually already have the necessary changes and/or kernel.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

How are any of us less advanced users meant to know Sdcard fix refers to issues like that? XD
4th August 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,399 posts
More
And I forgot:

6. Once all (popular) apps get updated to support KitKat appropriately, no fix will be necessary. Technically, it's the app that's broken, not KitKat.
5th August 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington

1,313 posts
Just noticed the code was removed automatically from the post
20th August 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #6  
Okeechobee Florida
Thanks Meter: 16

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath

How are any of us less advanced users meant to know Sdcard fix refers to issues like that? XD

Gotta read up on kitkat changes or have someone let you know (that's how I found out )
The Following User Says Thank You to bob-st For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath

If this has been posted in this section or already stated in a easily viewable spot, feel free to delete this......... snip...... .

it was - but the anyway
[emoji6]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread