[Q] Independent Notification Sound Control

Search This thread

bnl552

May 28, 2007
Is there any way to adjust notification tones and/or volumes independently? I am sick of getting woken up in the middle of the night from emails and facebook updates but I don't want to disable sms notifications.

Thanks

jgkhalil

Jun 24, 2010
Is there any way to adjust notification tones and/or volumes independently? I am sick of getting woken up in the middle of the night from emails and facebook updates but I don't want to disable sms notifications.

Thanks
U can adjust the sound independently !! What fone are you using ?

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
The little gear when you adjust the volume.
ybyqy7uz.jpg

Brings this up.
epa6y3u4.jpg

Allows you to adjust ringer, notifications, media volume separately.

Sent from Pluto.

bnl552

May 28, 2007
Yeah. I guess I could disable it in the app. Unfortunately its a pain in the ass to do because its like 5 screens deep to get to those setting in my work email app. What I was really hoping for was a way to automate it with tasker to mute only my email and facebook notifications but no sms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

dragonsofcp

Aug 8, 2007
Yeah. I guess I could disable it in the app. Unfortunately its a pain in the ass to do because its like 5 screens deep to get to those setting in my work email app. What I was really hoping for was a way to automate it with tasker to mute only my email and facebook notifications but no sms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Well if you had Tasker run your notification sounds (example: sms profile that plays the sms notification sound when you receive an sms). You could then make some profiles, like an @ night profile, that would turn off all the sound profiles except sms @ night.

You'd still have to select the silent notification for all the notification in settings > sounds or go into each application's settings and select silent notification for each of the apps you care to control. But, you'd only have to do that once as soon as tasker is in control of your notification sounds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: