Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Apps unable to access storage on a rooted rom

Tip us?

chucklay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Apps unable to access storage on a rooted rom

So, since I can't post in the ROM's thread until I have 10 posts, I might as well post it here. I'm running this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2775383

And some of my apps are having bugs that seem to be explained by a lack of storage. (Dropbox, snapchat, etc) I've read about some protected storage issues, but I cant post in the right place to find out.

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklay View Post
So, since I can't post in the ROM's thread until I have 10 posts, I might as well post it here. I'm running this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2775383

And some of my apps are having bugs that seem to be explained by a lack of storage. (Dropbox, snapchat, etc) I've read about some protected storage issues, but I cant post in the right place to find out.
Questions go in Q&A. Google changed Android apps' permissions for writing to just any folder they choose to and a lot of apps haven't been updated to comply with KitKat's methods.

There are several possible solutions. Search Q&A and Development (non-original), plus the Play Store for "KitKat SD Fix" and you'll find the answer to your trouble.

Cheers. Good luck.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity.

3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest: Singularity v7 with 1000+ animated battery icons

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.