FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Missing settings apk. HELP!

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Cyanogen-Droid, Junior Member on 3rd September 2014, 02:52 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 running the latest nightly build of Cyanogenmod 11. Somehow or another, the settings app disappeared. It's not in the app drawer, when I try to access the app using the quick settings panel, nothing happens. And when I try to drag an app from the home screen to the "App Info" tab I get a pop-up notification saying "application is not installed". I've tried updating my phone but it didn't work and all of my back-ups are not working either! I'm thinking it may be the Trebuchet launcher that comes with CM 11 hiding the app shortcut. I've went into the file manager and did some digging and I did find some files related to the app, but what worries me is that I couldn't find the .apk file. Help would be greatly appreciated! I'm attaching some screenshots for reference.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409709092284.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (122.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 1409709110125.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (134.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1409709124260.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (138.3 KB, 23 views)
 
 
3rd September 2014, 02:59 AM |#2  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,071
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanogen-Droid

I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 running the latest nightly build of Cyanogenmod 11. Somehow or another, the settings app disappeared. It's not in the app drawer, when I try to access the app using the quick settings panel, nothing happens. And when I try to drag an app from the home screen to the "App Info" tab I get a pop-up notification saying "application is not installed". I've tried updating my phone but it didn't work and all of my back-ups are not working either! I'm thinking it may be the Trebuchet launcher that comes with CM 11 hiding the app shortcut. I've went into the file manager and did some digging and I did find some files related to the app, but what worries me is that I couldn't find the .apk file. Help would be greatly appreciated! I'm attaching some screenshots for reference.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

that's easy just get the Setting APK from any AOSP/CM11 rom for your S3 and use Root Browser to put it into System/Priv-App set permissions to 0644/rw-r--r-- then reboot your phone and you should have it but preferably use the Settings Apk that is made for your rom
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 03:15 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Do I find the ROM for my S3 that contains the app on the internet? If so, do you think you could link me to a website? I'm not having much luck here. I've been searching for hours and I still have no luck.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 03:28 AM |#4  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,071
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanogen-Droid

Do I find the ROM for my S3 that contains the app on the internet? If so, do you think you could link me to a website? I'm not having much luck here. I've been searching for hours and I still have no luck.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

what is your s3 model number? and provider? and what rom are you using?
3rd September 2014, 03:51 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

what is your s3 model number? and provider? and what rom are you using?

I'm assuming that the model number is SPH-L710, since it's not one of the international models. My service provider is Sprint. And I am currently running the very latest CM 11 build. I can't give a specific name because that's something the CM Updater could tell me. But that's only accessible through the settings app or if an update notification pops up in the notification shade.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 06:28 AM |#6  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,071
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanogen-Droid

I'm assuming that the model number is SPH-L710, since it's not one of the international models. My service provider is Sprint. And I am currently running the very latest CM 11 build. I can't give a specific name because that's something the CM Updater could tell me. But that's only accessible through the settings app or if an update notification pops up in the notification shade.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2lte
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes