Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing settings apk. HELP!

Tip us?

Cyanogen-Droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Missing settings apk. HELP!

I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 running the latest nightly build of Cyanogenmod 11. Somehow or another, the settings app disappeared. It's not in the app drawer, when I try to access the app using the quick settings panel, nothing happens. And when I try to drag an app from the home screen to the "App Info" tab I get a pop-up notification saying "application is not installed". I've tried updating my phone but it didn't work and all of my back-ups are not working either! I'm thinking it may be the Trebuchet launcher that comes with CM 11 hiding the app shortcut. I've went into the file manager and did some digging and I did find some files related to the app, but what worries me is that I couldn't find the .apk file. Help would be greatly appreciated! I'm attaching some screenshots for reference.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409709092284.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (122.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1409709110125.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (134.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1409709124260.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (138.3 KB, 23 views)

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanogen-Droid View Post
I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 running the latest nightly build of Cyanogenmod 11. Somehow or another, the settings app disappeared. It's not in the app drawer, when I try to access the app using the quick settings panel, nothing happens. And when I try to drag an app from the home screen to the "App Info" tab I get a pop-up notification saying "application is not installed". I've tried updating my phone but it didn't work and all of my back-ups are not working either! I'm thinking it may be the Trebuchet launcher that comes with CM 11 hiding the app shortcut. I've went into the file manager and did some digging and I did find some files related to the app, but what worries me is that I couldn't find the .apk file. Help would be greatly appreciated! I'm attaching some screenshots for reference.

that's easy just get the Setting APK from any AOSP/CM11 rom for your S3 and use Root Browser to put it into System/Priv-App set permissions to 0644/rw-r--r-- then reboot your phone and you should have it but preferably use the Settings Apk that is made for your rom
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cyanogen-Droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Do I find the ROM for my S3 that contains the app on the internet? If so, do you think you could link me to a website? I'm not having much luck here. I've been searching for hours and I still have no luck.

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Do I find the ROM for my S3 that contains the app on the internet? If so, do you think you could link me to a website? I'm not having much luck here. I've been searching for hours and I still have no luck.

what is your s3 model number? and provider? and what rom are you using?
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

Cyanogen-Droid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
what is your s3 model number? and provider? and what rom are you using?
I'm assuming that the model number is SPH-L710, since it's not one of the international models. My service provider is Sprint. And I am currently running the very latest CM 11 build. I can't give a specific name because that's something the CM Updater could tell me. But that's only accessible through the settings app or if an update notification pops up in the notification shade.

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
I'm assuming that the model number is SPH-L710, since it's not one of the international models. My service provider is Sprint. And I am currently running the very latest CM 11 build. I can't give a specific name because that's something the CM Updater could tell me. But that's only accessible through the settings app or if an update notification pops up in the notification shade.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2lte
YouTube Channel

my work:

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]