[Q] Cricket Samsung Galaxy S III Back to Stock

Search This thread

Clocksmasher

Jul 6, 2014
I'm having trouble getting my Cricket Samsung Galaxy S III back to stock. It's currently on the 4.4.2 ROM from Samobile.com, and it won't pick up the Cricket network. So that's why I'm trying to go back.

I'm using Odin v3.09, but trying to flash to 4.3 keeps failing.

Look, I know this is the Sprint version forum, but I'm at my wits' end here. You guys seem to know what you're doing; that's why you develop for Android daily.

Here's a log from Odin;

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> R530CVVUCMK3_R530CCRICMK3_R530CVVUCMK3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Also, the phone says "SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 2 > Binary 1".

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Once on the 4.4.2 bootloader, your can NEVER Odin an older version. If it succeeded, it would've bricked your phone. You can flash any to You like, but never Odin a stock ROM earlier than 4.4.2.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Clocksmasher

Jul 6, 2014
Once on the 4.4.2 bootloader, your can NEVER Odin an older version. If it succeeded, it would've bricked your phone. You can flash any to You like, but never Odin a stock ROM earlier than 4.4.2.

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Alright, I learned that the hard way. My phone works fine now on 4.4.2 for some odd reason; might be because I added the APN correctly.

Anywho, if I shouldn't use Odin, what should I use to flash with now? I wanna root 4.4.2 so I can use TriangleAway and get rid of KNOX.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Alright, I learned that the hard way. My phone works fine now on 4.4.2 for some odd reason; might be because I added the APN correctly.

Anywho, if I shouldn't use Odin, what should I use to flash with now? I wanna root 4.4.2 so I can use TriangleAway and get rid of KNOX.

You can use Odin to flash the latest Philz Touch Recovery and use its re-root in its settings. You can use Odin, you just can't every Odin anything older than ND8. You can Odin anything else that's not a stock ROM as normal.

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Top Liked Posts