FORUMS

[Q] Does CWM Back Up Data

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thetuber, Junior Member on 28th May 2015, 10:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I'm running the latest stable CM, and took a CWM backup. I wanted to revert back to stock to try a bunch of GPS fixes (not that any of them helped). Afterwards, I restored the backup, but all my photos and music are gone (there were not stored on the external SD card). Does CWM back up internal storage? Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks.

28th May 2015, 10:46 PM |#2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 187

More
If you wiped internal storage to flash AOSP, then your pictures are gone, If you used a full wipe odin oneclick, that has removed and wiped internal storage as well. You'll need use special tools to recovery data from internal, hopefully you didn't wipe the device like 1-3 times as people do that to fully make sure the device is wiped properly.
31st May 2015, 06:16 PM |#3  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetuber

Hello,

I'm running the latest stable CM, and took a CWM backup. I wanted to revert back to stock to try a bunch of GPS fixes (not that any of them helped). Afterwards, I restored the backup, but all my photos and music are gone (there were not stored on the external SD card). Does CWM back up internal storage? Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks.

If it was lollipop cm you tried, to go back to KitKat you have to wipe internal storage (data/media) or that will happen. Cwm does not backup internal SD, but it also does not wipe it unless you specifically wipe it. Wiping data does not wipe internal SD nor does a factory reset done in recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread