[Q] Data dropping at random, any help?

OP Limbsy

2nd August 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey, this is my very first post here, so hopefully I'm in the right place and not repeating questions already asked, however my searches are turning up zilch in regards to the specifics of my issue.

I've had this problem follow me from rom to rom. I don't know if it started while I was still on Jellybean roms or after I hopped onto KitKat, but it has been with me for a while now.

When I'm going about my day, data will suddenly drop. The icon still displays 4G or LTE, but apps that need data won't connect and the browser just hangs. After rebooting, nearly always, the phone will be in 3G, even though the location has great 4G. It will work from here on out, or until it decides to crap out once again. It has done it with 3G too, though, the problem is not only with 4G.

In fact, I've noticed, especially as of late, that my service is awful. I can be in areas where I've usually had full bars, now I have just one bar.

On stock, I could just click PRL update or whatnot, but that's not an option anymore. Could it be that these sort of things are out of date? I'm really only familiar with flashing roms, not flashing kernels or radios.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Carbon Rom (Nightly - released 07/07/14, I believe)
KitKat 4.4.4

Previous KitKat roms, same issue:
SlimKat
CyanFox
Carbon
Cyanogenmod
Paranoid Android
2nd August 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,754

3,385 posts
More
Make a nandroid backup, flash an MK3 (TouchWiz 4.3) ROM temporarily, if you're on the MD4 bootloader.

Then in the stock dialer, ##72786#.

After, update PRL and Profile. Then restore your nandroid and find out if that helped. You could also check to see if Sprint is working on upgrading your area.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Great
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
3rd August 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,754

3,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbsy

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

You're welcome. Hope it helps, let us know.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread