OP rvlution

30th July 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #11  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 816

1,314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlution

Reboot into recovery meaning one of the advanced options in CWM? I just want to to make absolutely sure before I accidentally do something I shouldn't.

yes or you can just pull the battery put back in then use the 3 button combo to get into Philz recovery.....i forgot to mention that's the one im using as well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside920

First: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2446393

[d2lte/d2spr][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.48.4[7.06.14]

Second, I would install Philz and try to restore your CWM backup with it before starting over with a factory reset. You may get lucky.

Installed fine, tried doing a recovery and after reboot, same issue. Just did factory reset and restoring again. Will post results when done.

EDIT: After second restore I am getting the same issue. Am I skipping a step after the restore that I should be doing?
Last edited by rvlution; 31st July 2014 at 12:19 AM.
31st July 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Sigh, after Philz didn't work I tried the factory reset. While it "worked" and I was able to link my Google account back, I don't have any cell service. Is there a way to reassign my Sprint account to the phone?
31st July 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #14  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,814

3,445 posts
More
Quote:

Sigh, after Philz didn't work I tried the factory reset. While it "worked" and I was able to link my Google account back, I don't have any cell service. Is there a way to reassign my Sprint account to the phone?

##72786# in the stock TouchWiz dialer.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #15  
Flag Los Osos

1,314 posts
More
Quote:

when you did the factory reset did you wipe cache and dalvik cache? and since your on the stock ND8 rom you can flash KToonsez kernel for 4.4.2 touchwiz then flash the NDC Modem and see if that fixes the signal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

##72786# in the stock TouchWiz dialer.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Tried that, I just get a black screen that says "SCRTN" at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

when you did the factory reset did you wipe cache and dalvik cache? and since your on the stock ND8 rom you can flash KToonsez kernel for 4.4.2 touchwiz then flash the NDC Modem and see if that fixes the signal

Yes I did. I've been seeing something about a corrupted efs partition and that seems to lineup with what is happening to my phone. It doesn't easy or even very doable to fix without a backup of the efs.
The Following User Says Thank You to rvlution For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #17  
Flag Los Osos

1,314 posts
More
Quote:

Tried that, I just get a black screen that says "SCRTN" at the top.

Yes I did. I've been seeing something about a corrupted efs partition and that seems to lineup with what is happening to my phone. It doesn't easy or even very doable to fix without a backup of the efs.

So you tried to flash the stock ND8 via Odin? which deletes everything including the custom recovery and makes everything stock

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

So you tried to flash the stock ND8 via Odin? which deletes everything including the custom recovery and makes everything stock

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Haven't tried that yet. Where can I download that? And is that the same process as rooting?
31st July 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #19  
Flag Los Osos

1,314 posts
More
Quote:

Haven't tried that yet. Where can I download that? And is that the same process as rooting?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738533 follow instructions on that post and you'll have stock ND8 running in no time just YOU MUST USE DESKTOP ODIN 3.09 to flash it

so you'll be on stock 4.4.2 Touchwiz......if you want to get custom recovery use Philz and flash through Odin as well just make sure the Philz is .Tar.Md5
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 31st July 2014 at 06:24 AM.
1st August 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
I really appreciate all the help guys. I ended up going to Best Buy (we have Geek Squad insurance) and they initially sent me over to Samsung who I knew wouldn't do anything about it since it was rooted. I went back over to Geek Squad and they filed a claim and a new one is on the way. Once again, thanks and sorry for anticlimactic conclusion haha. I'm going to wait a while before trying anything on this one and will probably test stuff on the old one first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rvlution For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread