Heimdall and l710 what am I doing wrong?

Search This thread

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
OK my s3 is fully up to date if that helps anything. I'm using ubuntu 14.04 with heimdall and heimdall fronted installed from the repos. I'm following this guide http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_d2spr but i never see the mentioned blue bar when flashing and I can't boot into cwm despite being told that the flash was successful.. What exactly am I doing wrong? I want cm on my device but i need to do a full nandroid backup of stock first which I can't do without a custom recovery. It's kinda a catch 22.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Using heimdall is iffy. Odin through Windows is probably your only sure way of getting it to work.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
Using heimdall is iffy. Odin through Windows is probably your only sure way of getting it to work.

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Except the only windows machine i have is a netbook and it's hard to find a dl link for odin. Anyway I used the towel root metod and flashed with rom manager which worked surprisingly.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Except the only windows machine i have is a netbook and it's hard to find a dl link for odin. Anyway I used the towel root method and flashed with rom manager which worked surprisingly.

normally i'm not the one to say this but its very easy to find the download link for Odin if you search through google.........and i'm on a windows netbook myself and its been working fine with both Heimdall and Odin.....and nice that you used the towel root method...........but i would suggest going to philiz touch recovery, i personally went straight for it when i came to the s3 but hey rom manager worked nice :D

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
normally i'm not the one to say this but its very easy to find the download link for Odin if you search through google.........and i'm on a windows netbook myself and its been working fine with both Heimdall and Odin.....and nice that you used the towel root method...........but i would suggest going to philiz touch recovery, i personally went straight for it when i came to the s3 but hey rom manager worked nice :D

nah i use twrp because i want to use cyandelta and don't really need any crazy features in a recovery just the ability to well recover. Used dd with adb shell and worked great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Charging still shot
    senygy6y.jpg

Except the only windows machine i have is a netbook and it's hard to find a dl link for odin. Anyway I used the towel root metod and flashed with rom manager which worked surprisingly.
    Except the only windows machine i have is a netbook and it's hard to find a dl link for odin. Anyway I used the towel root method and flashed with rom manager which worked surprisingly.