Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 39,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heimdall and l710 what am I doing wrong?

Tip us?
 
sportscrazed2
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 171
Join Date: May 2011
Default Heimdall and l710 what am I doing wrong?

OK my s3 is fully up to date if that helps anything. I'm using ubuntu 14.04 with heimdall and heimdall fronted installed from the repos. I'm following this guide http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_d2spr but i never see the mentioned blue bar when flashing and I can't boot into cwm despite being told that the flash was successful.. What exactly am I doing wrong? I want cm on my device but i need to do a full nandroid backup of stock first which I can't do without a custom recovery. It's kinda a catch 22.
 
roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
#2  
roirraW "edor" ehT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,686
Posts: 3,321
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Using heimdall is iffy. Odin through Windows is probably your only sure way of getting it to work.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot


n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
 
sportscrazed2
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 171
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Using heimdall is iffy. Odin through Windows is probably your only sure way of getting it to work.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot


n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Except the only windows machine i have is a netbook and it's hard to find a dl link for odin. Anyway I used the towel root metod and flashed with rom manager which worked surprisingly.
The Following User Says Thank You to sportscrazed2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
6th_Hokage
Old
#4  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 410
Posts: 858
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Osos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscrazed2 View Post
Except the only windows machine i have is a netbook and it's hard to find a dl link for odin. Anyway I used the towel root method and flashed with rom manager which worked surprisingly.
normally i'm not the one to say this but its very easy to find the download link for Odin if you search through google.........and i'm on a windows netbook myself and its been working fine with both Heimdall and Odin.....and nice that you used the towel root method...........but i would suggest going to philiz touch recovery, i personally went straight for it when i came to the s3 but hey rom manager worked nice
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms


sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sportscrazed2
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 171
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
normally i'm not the one to say this but its very easy to find the download link for Odin if you search through google.........and i'm on a windows netbook myself and its been working fine with both Heimdall and Odin.....and nice that you used the towel root method...........but i would suggest going to philiz touch recovery, i personally went straight for it when i came to the s3 but hey rom manager worked nice
nah i use twrp because i want to use cyandelta and don't really need any crazy features in a recovery just the ability to well recover. Used dd with adb shell and worked great.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes