help to get the best stock TW experience :)

OP 6th_Hokage

29th July 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 567

1,090 posts
More
okay after some CPU issues im back to running complete stock ND8 no custom recovery or root as of yet....but i want the "best" stock ND8 experience so what kernel should i use to be able to mod the stock rom and to be able to switch out ND8 modem for NDC modem....im probably gonna use Philz as my recovery again tho....any ideas would be grate and i have tried KToonsez kernel already (messing around with it gave me the CPU issues)
30th July 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,754

3,385 posts
More
There's only, technically, four kernels available compatible with TouchWiz 4.4.2.

1. Completely stock kernel.

2. @CNexus' permissive modded version of the stock ND8 kernel (only difference between completely stock and this is it's permissive instead of enforcing).

3. @ktoonsez' KT747.

4. @CNexus completely custom one, which I can't recall what it's named.

KT747 is the most developed one. I look forward to trying @CNexus' custom one which I'm guessing won't be completely developed until his MOAR for TouchWiz 4.4.2 comes out.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 2nd August 2014 at 01:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/cnexus/android
Thanks Meter: 13,625

9,037 posts
Donate to Me
More
My NexT kernel works fine with the NDC modem, I'm running it with the NDC modem right now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,754

3,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

My NexT kernel works fine with the NDC modem, I'm running it with the NDC modem right now

Sorry about that, that's what I get for going by my memory. LOL! Editing my post above.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread