Low benchmarks.. Choppy performance..

OP succumbtothegreater

7th July 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110

178 posts
On AOSP 4.4 ROMs I get way worse benchmarks than I do on TW 4.4 ROMs. But no matter what I do, I always have choppy performance and insane lag on any ROM I try for this phone. I know it's relatively old but shouldn't it be a little more efficient than this? If anyone can think of anything I can do to make the performance better, I'm open for suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
8th July 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

809 posts
More
that's crazy, I've had this phone since it came out, and never had any lag on any rom. Do you have GPS running all the time or many apps running in the background?
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

that's crazy, I've had this phone since it came out, and never had any lag on any rom. Do you have GPS running all the time or many apps running in the background?

I turn GPS off whenever I don't need it and I stop all running processes at least twice per hour. I'm on my second S3 and I still get lags and stutters no matter what I'm doing, and the benchmarks on AOSP ROMs are so small and I know this phone can do better than that cause the TW benchmarks are so much higher.

12th July 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by succumbtothegreater

I turn GPS off whenever I don't need it and I stop all running processes at least twice per hour. I'm on my second S3 and I still get lags and stutters no matter what I'm doing, and the benchmarks on AOSP ROMs are so small and I know this phone can do better than that cause the TW benchmarks are so much higher.

Goes to show that not all phones are built the same.
12th July 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

Goes to show that not all phones are built the same.

You've got that right. I'm going to try Wicked 7.2 later today and see how that goes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread