Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 243

471 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreoken

Philz Recovery

I presume that you're flashing CM11 M9 for stability's sake, but have you considered flashing one of the more recent nightlies to compare results?
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 34

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had an issue kinda similar to that on a different sprint s3 I was working on. I flashed only the cm11 m9 with cwm and the phone lost data all together. I ended up flashing philz, then a new kernel and a cm nightly like previously mentioned and the problem fixed itself. I still have all the files if you need em, just pm me if you do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbnorton0524 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Nightly Testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson

I presume that you're flashing CM11 M9 for stability's sake, but have you considered flashing one of the more recent nightlies to compare results?

I most certainly have tried different nightlies. It has made no difference.
22nd August 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #15  

471 posts
Quote:

I most certainly have tried different nightlies. It has made no difference.

Not to be redundant, but if you aren't already, please make sure you're on the latest version of PhilZ recovery, which can be downloaded here:

https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...Edition/d2lte/

You can download the .md5 file which is flashable in ODIN, or the .zip file which is flashable in a current custom recovery, if you already have one.

It is always best to make sure your recovery is up to date, especially when flashing the most recent build of a ROM.

Once you're in PhilZ, simply choose the option under "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" that reads "Clean to Install a New ROM". This will conveniently wipe the necessary partitions for you in order to install a ROM of your choice.

Try flashing only: I would avoid any other mods, kernels, and/or modems for the time being and see what results you get.

PhilZ also has a setting under "PhilZ Settings" to "Re-root System with SuperSU". After doing that, you would go to the play store, download SuperSU, update the binary, and reboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson

Not to be redundant, but if you aren't already, please make sure you're on the latest version of PhilZ recovery, which can be downloaded here:

https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...Edition/d2lte/

You can download the .md5 file which is flashable in ODIN, or the .zip file which is flashable in a current custom recovery, if you already have one.

It is always best to make sure your recovery is up to date, especially when flashing the most recent build of a ROM.

Once you're in PhilZ, simply choose the option under "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" that reads "Clean to Install a New ROM". This will conveniently wipe the necessary partitions for you in order to install a ROM of your choice.

Try flashing only:

I would avoid any other mods, kernels, and/or modems for the time being and see what results you get.

PhilZ also has a setting under "PhilZ Settings" to "Re-root System with SuperSU". After doing that, you would go to the play store, download SuperSU, update the binary, and reboot.

I certainly will get on this and try it again. Thanks bro.
22nd August 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #17  

471 posts
Quote:

I certainly will get on this and try it again. Thanks bro.

I would also certainly consider at some point getting the stock TouchWiz ROM environment setup as you typically would, boot into a custom recovery, and make a backup of the stock TouchWiz ROM as you typically prefer running it, so that you do not have to keep reflashing it via ODIN.

I bring this point up, because if following the procedure I mentioned in the previous post still does not correct the LTE issue for you, you could consider navigating to the /system/etc directory and copying the apns-conf.xml file from your TouchWiz ROM to the same file path in CM11.
Last edited by Higgs_Boson; 22nd August 2014 at 05:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
WOW now I will get on that. I am not afraid at ask of getting into the guys of this beast and doing a transplant.

The Following User Says Thank You to rreoken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread