Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mass battery drain?

Tip us?

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Default Mass battery drain?

So I'm on 4.4.2 stock, Stock kernel, and I'm getting ridiculous battery drain. Any app I use, I will use for 5 minutes and lose 10% battery. Had 100 and then to 72 in a matter of 20ish minutes. And then as I'm typing this I plug it in and it jumps from 72 to 18?! Anyone know what the f is going on????

XeLLaR*
Old
Thanks Meter 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath View Post
So I'm on 4.4.2 stock, Stock kernel, and I'm getting ridiculous battery drain. Any app I use, I will use for 5 minutes and lose 10% battery. Had 100 and then to 72 in a matter of 20ish minutes. And then as I'm typing this I plug it in and it jumps from 72 to 18?! Anyone know what the f is going on????
Your battery is defect. Buy a new one and it should be good again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) | CyanogenMod 11 AriesVE_DevCon-Experimental X | Experimental Kernels - In Pension

Google Nexus 4 | AOSP Android 4.3 JSS15J | Google-Kernel 3.4 - DEAD
Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) | StockRom JSS15J.I9300XXUGNA5 | Boeffla-Kernel 5.2 - DEAD

Google Nexus 5 (LG D821) | AOSP Android 4.4.4 KTU84P KitKat | Google-Kernel 3.4

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Sounds about right. Any suggestions for a decent quality battery I can find online under $20? And look at this bs XD

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Sounds about right. Any suggestions for a decent quality battery I can find online under $20? And look at this bs XD
look on amazon
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

angelofdooms
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I had to same issue, I use this app on the play store called battery doctor (battery saver) its very well saves me battery,

Now there's a test you can do yourself to see if ur battery is bad or going back one is see if the little white sticker us still white if its pink it came into contact with water, another thing you can do is sit the batter flat on a table and spin it if it spins by itself( try on both sides) that means the battery is fattening up and needs to be replaced. Or if u want to you can take ur phone to sprint store and have them test the battery. You just say I need my battery tested I think it's bad. And they will do it for you I used to work for sprint. Now if u need another battery the stock battery is Samsung and you can get it cheap on Amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to angelofdooms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Halp. I got a new battery, the anker 2200 mah, and I'm having issues again.. Charged all night, within 20 minutes of unplug I'm at 63 percent, then I plug back in to charge and I drop to 23???

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1409946776120.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  62.1 KB

kernelpanic_
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Halp. I got a new battery, the anker 2200 mah, and I'm having issues again.. Charged all night, within 20 minutes of unplug I'm at 63 percent, then I plug back in to charge and I drop to 23???

Attachment 2925945
It's definitely gotta be TouchWiz (if you're still using it). I have a backup of it via TWRP and I use it when I have ST network issues. When I flashed CM11 and spent a few nights charging and using it through the day, it got used to me using it. I don't know why, TouchWiz just has too much battery usage.
Halo: Combat Evolved is still a good game, even on a Windows Vista computer.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 - Rooted - Stock Kernel and ROM
Kyocera Hydro Vibe - Rooted - Stock Kernel and ROM

rcatank
Old
Thanks Meter 23
try doing a battery reset once you have the new battery in...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1699687

Device Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2LTE) [4.4.4] Stable 7.0]
Kernel CM 3.4.101
Modem MK3 (KNOX Free)
Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.1

THANKS button if my post helped

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelpanic_ View Post
It's definitely gotta be TouchWiz (if you're still using it). I have a backup of it via TWRP and I use it when I have ST network issues. When I flashed CM11 and spent a few nights charging and using it through the day, it got used to me using it. I don't know why, TouchWiz just has too much battery usage.
TouchWiz doesn't drain my battery tho...
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G