FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] OK, so im starting to feel dumb

5th September 2014, 02:44 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OK so I have the sprint version of the GS3 sph-l710. and i currently have it rooted, with a twrp recovery installed, i used towel root to root the phone, and rom toolbox pro to install the recovery, doing that was difficult enough. Ive never had a phone that was this hard to do anything with, ive come to you guys 3 times now, and both orther times youve pulled through for me. so im hoping this time is the same.

My problem is that the phone will not flash a new rom, ive tried AOKP and cyanogenmod a lot of different versions of both, and it will not flash, it fails and dosnt say why, it just fails. ive been trying for days, im running android 4.4.2 atm also.


Any help?

also is safe strap a thing for the s3?
 
 
5th September 2014, 03:09 AM |#2  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,051
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy with phone

OK so I have the sprint version of the GS3 sph-l710. and i currently have it rooted, with a twrp recovery installed, i used towel root to root the phone, and rom toolbox pro to install the recovery, doing that was difficult enough. Ive never had a phone that was this hard to do anything with, ive come to you guys 3 times now, and both orther times youve pulled through for me. so im hoping this time is the same.

My problem is that the phone will not flash a new rom, ive tried AOKP and cyanogenmod a lot of different versions of both, and it will not flash, it fails and dosnt say why, it just fails. ive been trying for days, im running android 4.4.2 atm also.


Any help?

also is safe strap a thing for the s3?

safe strap is a thing for Verizon and just flash Philz Recovery in Odin and you'll be able to flash the newer roms
6th September 2014, 12:41 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

safe strap is a thing for Verizon and just flash Philz Recovery in Odin and you'll be able to flash the newer roms

installed philz recovery, still will not flash, but tells me it failed because of a status 7 error
6th September 2014, 02:22 AM |#4  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,051
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy with phone

installed philz recovery, still will not flash, but tells me it failed because of a status 7 error

then it might be a bad download and which Philz did you download? the one i have that works 99% of the time is 6.48.4, Philz will generate a MD5 right before you click yes to flash something compare the MD5 to the one on the Download page to see if you have a good or bad download if it matches it should flash perfectly
6th September 2014, 04:55 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

then it might be a bad download and which Philz did you download? the one i have that works 99% of the time is 6.48.4, Philz will generate a MD5 right before you click yes to flash something compare the MD5 to the one on the Download page to see if you have a good or bad download if it matches it should flash perfectly

im running the same version of pillz touch and everything matches up, it just keeps failing for the same reason
6th September 2014, 06:02 AM |#6  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,051
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy with phone

im running the same version of pillz touch and everything matches up, it just keeps failing for the same reason

hmmmm........which roms are you trying to flash? and are you trying to flash the latest versions of each one?
6th September 2014, 07:00 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Im trying to flash the newest CM 11 Nightly and gapps 4.4.2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes