Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Third Party Providers

Tip us?

yayramen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Third Party Providers

I'm a T-Mobile guy at heart. (Sue me.) When I had my Nexus One, I was on a $30/mo plan. I got 100 minutes, Unlimited Text, and Unlimited Data (with 5gb at 4G). But then I was gifted a slightly used S3 in really good shape, so I figured why not use the little bugger. (As it blows my N1 out of the water).

Obviously I can't get my old plan with Sprint. Honestly, the closest I can find is the $35 "beyond data" plan at Virgin Mobile, but they don't allow bringing your own devices. And Boost's $40 plan only gives me 500mb of data, which is a joke. (I average around 1gb, but have spiked to roughly 2 in heavy useage months). And that kind of data useage on ting (plus occasional minutes and texting) puts me over the top.

Are there any providers I'm missing? (I've been trying to find someone to trade this Sprint phone for a T-Mo one, but no one is taking me up on the offer, sadly).

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayramen View Post
I'm a T-Mobile guy at heart. (Sue me.) When I had my Nexus One, I was on a $30/mo plan. I got 100 minutes, Unlimited Text, and Unlimited Data (with 5gb at 4G). But then I was gifted a slightly used S3 in really good shape, so I figured why not use the little bugger. (As it blows my N1 out of the water).

Obviously I can't get my old plan with Sprint. Honestly, the closest I can find is the $35 "beyond data" plan at Virgin Mobile, but they don't allow bringing your own devices. And Boost's $40 plan only gives me 500mb of data, which is a joke. (I average around 1gb, but have spiked to roughly 2 in heavy useage months). And that kind of data useage on ting (plus occasional minutes and texting) puts me over the top.

Are there any providers I'm missing? (I've been trying to find someone to trade this Sprint phone for a T-Mo one, but no one is taking me up on the offer, sadly).
I know straight talk let's you bring your own device. I'm on big ugly red and have really been considering switching myself.

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."