Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Phone Only Boots When Plugged In

21st March 2015, 05:59 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
I just recently Odin the NJ3 tar over my ND8 stock deodexd debloated ROM a couple of weeks ago. Then I started experiencing that the phone will randomly shuts off automatically and the only way to turn it back on is to plug it into a power source.

So I decided to flash the Stock+NJ2+Deodex.zip using Philz after doing a wipe to install a new ROM. This caused the phone to only boot to the Sprint Logo and then it shuts down. So I decided to wipe and install Wicked S5 Xperience V2.2. Now I am at where the phone will only boot and runs if it is plugged into a power source.

Can someone suggest a solution or steps to get my phone back to stock (including all the needed downloads)?

Can I restore a backup I made prior to updating to NJ2 (while still on ND8)?

Can I install the ND8_STOCK_DEODEXED_ROOTED.zip after upgrading to NJ3?

Note: The phone runs fine when I boot into Philz and so it cannot be a bad battery?
Last edited by mifronte; 21st March 2015 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Correct thread title.

21st March 2015, 09:14 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Installing an ND8 Stock ROM on NJ2 disables Wifi. So I managed to install the Stock+NJ2+Deodex.zip and get the phone running just as long as it is plugged in.

When I unplug to run on battery, the phone turns off. When I try to turn it on, it gets to the Sprint Logo and then turns off.

I can boot into Philz recovery mode on battery and it works fine in recovery mode without turning off.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be wrong?
22nd March 2015, 01:46 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
[Solved] New Battery
Thanks for all the help.

The Sprint store tested the battery and it failed. Installed new battery and phone is now working again. What's the chance the battery gave out at the same time I flashed a ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread