Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone freezing on ND8 kk any ideas

Tip us?

flacraker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default phone freezing on ND8 kk any ideas

so i updated the wifes S3 to ND8 KitKat and now it keeps freezing, did the full wipe and install, ive used wicked 7.1, and tribute rom both have the same issues running kt with both, i've full wiped and reinstalled both, seems like if you try and do to much if freezes, there is nothing installed on the phone yet just what comes with the roms, not using anything yet and still does it, any ideas, should i use the stock kernel, or stock rom.. this should have plenty of memory... any ideas to lean towards??? need help happy wife happy life lol

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1569
Take the SD card out, Odin the stock ND8 tar after backing up what you want from the internal storage, try it without the SD card in. If the problem doesn't reoccur that way, back up everything you want from the SD card, format it on your PC and only put back what you absolutely must on the SD card, if anything, then put it back in and see how it does.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flacraker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Take the SD card out, Odin the stock ND8 tar after backing up what you want from the internal storage, try it without the SD card in. If the problem doesn't reoccur that way, back up everything you want from the SD card, format it on your PC and only put back what you absolutely must on the SD card, if anything, then put it back in and see how it does.

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
thank you, i actually done that anuways, the first time i updated her phone to kitkat i lost everything on her card, she wasnt happy, but i ended up finding the stock kernel and it has solved the problem, seem to be something with KT
The Following User Says Thank You to flacraker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1569
Good catch. Yeah, for some reason not all of the "same" phones work exactly alike.

You're welcome!

Charging still shot