Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q&A] [ROM][CM-12.1][Un-official] D2SPR CyanogenMod 12.1

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 7th April 2015, 04:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Q&A for [ROM][CM-12.1][Un-official] D2SPR CyanogenMod 12.1

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][CM-12.1][Un-official] D2SPR CyanogenMod 12.1. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

7th April 2015, 04:02 PM |#2  

More
Anyone have another download link for this Google drive on my phone just opens the zip as separate files when I try to download it.
7th April 2015, 04:59 PM |#3  
Flag Lewiston, ID
Thanks Meter: 335

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx26

Anyone have another download link for this Google drive on my phone just opens the zip as separate files when I try to download it.

Inside of drive, Try long pressing on it and clicking "download copy" it should download a copy to the downloads folder on your internal sdcard
7th April 2015, 06:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
using this rom cm12.1 for s3 sprint and its working great so far, only noticed two things........ camera not working and Battery but im going to see after a day or two if the battery last the same as the previous rom i was on cm12 (camera was working sort of with the camera zoom fx and viva video work around but i used high speed camera plus instead of camera zoom fx with viva video and it was good)............. so cant wait for a working camera or some kind of work around for this rom cm12.1 s3 sprint.......
7th April 2015, 09:06 PM |#5  

More
Silly mod question.
Im obviously new but was trying to determine where the zip file for the lollipop mod was for sphl710. I see the gapps files but cant locate the mod zip.
7th April 2015, 10:18 PM |#6  
Flag Lewiston, ID

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2512

Im obviously new but was trying to determine where the zip file for the lollipop mod was for sphl710. I see the gapps files but cant locate the mod zip.

The google drive link has the file
9th April 2015, 07:38 PM |#7  

More
Open Camera worked with CM 12 about 40-50% of the time.

So maybe it will work well with this one too?

Edit:
Sorry to hear about your laptop woes.
Opening up the laptop to do work and figuring out how it all goes back together again is not a fun prospect.
Last edited by Brisky86; 9th April 2015 at 07:45 PM.
9th April 2015, 09:03 PM |#8  
Flag Lewiston, ID

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisky86

Open Camera worked with CM 12 about 40-50% of the time.

So maybe it will work well with this one too?

Edit:
Sorry to hear about your laptop woes.
Opening up the laptop to do work and figuring out how it all goes back together again is not a fun prospect.

it might. I was reading about some commits on github that broke cameras across the board, stock or from the play store. I tear laptops apart regularly enough to remember how, it's the process itself that sucks
10th April 2015, 02:31 AM |#9  
Flag Galveston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 345

Donate to Me
More
After messaging mastamoon, "I imagine all the stuff that's being worked on is basically in d2-common, msm8960-common and d2kernel which d2spr shares with d2vzw. I would just make sure whoever is building for d2spr is pulling in all the necessary hacks needed at the moment. Honestly I'm not sure what isn't committed at this point, but check out commits by Dave Daynard (nardholio) & Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) and make sure you're using that stuff."

The kernel (within this ROM) he's speaking of might help with the issues revolving around the camera.
Last edited by iBlowpot; 10th April 2015 at 03:35 AM.
10th April 2015, 09:27 PM |#10  

More
Camera Works
Just thought I'd say that both cameras work all the time for me on the 4/09 build.
10th April 2015, 09:40 PM |#11  

More
You said TWRP recovery is recommended but do you think its safe to flash on CWM because that is what I use. I have been thinking of switching Recovery's but don't have a computer to do so. Might try this app called "Flashify" or this "TWRP Manager" from play store that installs it to the device.
Last edited by ChangeOfJinzo; 10th April 2015 at 09:42 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread