Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about Vanir 4.4.4 rom

Tip us?

angelofdooms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Question about Vanir 4.4.4 rom

I have Vanir 4.4.4 Rom on my Sprint s3, Now i notice theres no music player on here, how if possible can i install or flash in the default s3 music player with this rom, Or is there another music player i can get.

Higgs_Boson
Old
(Last edited by Higgs_Boson; 21st August 2014 at 06:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 242
Even if you did copy the Samsung Music Player apk to /system, it will most likely not work, because it requires code from Samsung to function correctly.

As for any other music player, just go on the Play Store and download your favorite.

I, personally, use the Google Music Player, but Poweramp and Gone Mad Music Player are two extremely powerful and feature-rich music players.
Your "THANKS" are not necessary, but I would appreciate them when due.
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 481
@angelofdooms remember you can get better sound by adding Viper4Android to what ever rom your using and it works with almost all music players
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,735
+1 PowerAmp, bought the Pro version.

I'll have to take a look at Gone Mad.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beezie42
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
+1 PowerAmp, bought the Pro version.

I'll have to take a look at Gone Mad.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Poweramp all the way. I was skeptical at first about buying it but it's worth every penny. Lots of customization and can even do folder views.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to beezie42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Higgs_Boson
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Poweramp really is the best and sounds the best. The only reason I stopped using it is due to the lack of the "short audio focus change", which will dim the audio -- rather than stop briefly -- if another notification comes through. That feature is a must have for me, especially when driving and using GPS.

Gone Mad Music Player (GMMP) has the short audio focus change and equally as many features, but doesn't look as nice. And, although I can't quite pinpoint it, the audio isn't quite as crisp as Poweramp.

Google Play Music has really nice, crisp audio. It also has the short audio focus change, but no customization; and the EQ is very limited.
Your "THANKS" are not necessary, but I would appreciate them when due.

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson View Post
Poweramp really is the best and sounds the best. The only reason I stopped using it is due to the lack of the "short audio focus change", which will dim the audio -- rather than stop briefly -- if another notification comes through. That feature is a must have for me, especially when driving and using GPS.

Gone Mad Music Player (GMMP) has the short audio focus change and equally as many features, but doesn't look as nice. And, although I can't quite pinpoint it, the audio isn't quite as crisp as Poweramp.

Google Play Music has really nice, crisp audio. It also has the short audio focus change, but no customization; and the EQ is very limited.
like I have said Viper4Android is your friend to get a nice crisp sound if you know what your doing
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G