FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] After Rom Update, Phone Cant Connect To Mobile

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By jsusgeek, Junior Member on 3rd October 2014, 02:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Updated my Rom last night to its current nightly version. Thought everything was good. Leaving for work the next day I notice I don't have ANY cellular signal. Thought it might have been the update so I wipe cache/ dalivk/ format system. Install older version of rom. Same thing happened. No cellular signal NOR could my phone activate. I went into my settings/ status/ and noticed everything had been nulled out to zero. My phone number, MIN, PRL, and Username. Any idea how I can restore this? I tried flashing several different roms but the same thing happens. I also tried unrooting the device and get stock rom to perform a system reset but that did not work. Any suggestions. I tried searching for a solution but couldn't find any. Thanks!

3rd October 2014, 02:42 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 35,381

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsusgeek

Updated my Rom last night to its current nightly version. Thought everything was good. Leaving for work the next day I notice I don't have ANY cellular signal. Thought it might have been the update so I wipe cache/ dalivk/ format system. Install older version of rom. Same thing happened. No cellular signal NOR could my phone activate. I went into my settings/ status/ and noticed everything had been nulled out to zero. My phone number, MIN, PRL, and Username. Any idea how I can restore this? I tried flashing several different roms but the same thing happens. I also tried unrooting the device and get stock rom to perform a system reset but that did not work. Any suggestions. I tried searching for a solution but couldn't find any. Thanks!

Flash a Touchwiz ROM and enter ##72786# into the dialer. Make sure the Touchwiz ROM you flash matches your baseband (ND8, MK3, MD4, etc).

My ROM: WICKED X
3rd October 2014, 04:03 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Flash a Touchwiz ROM and enter ##72786# into the dialer. Make sure the Touchwiz ROM you flash matches your baseband (ND8, MK3, MD4, etc).

Thanks for the reply! I did that and still doesnt work.
Baseband: L710VPUDN8
Rom: Conquest-Singularity-9.4 (This is NOT the rom that caused the error!)
The Following User Says Thank You to jsusgeek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2014, 04:04 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply! I did that and still doesnt work.
Baseband: L710VPUDN8
Rom: Conquest-Singularity-9.4 (This is NOT the rom that caused the error!)

Have you tried Odining stock ND8?

3rd October 2014, 04:10 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Have you tried Odining stock ND8?

I tried that too. I went to stock ND8 and tried to factory reset and debug but the status and prl were stilled zeroed out.
3rd October 2014, 04:19 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried that too. I went to stock ND8 and tried to factory reset and debug but the status and prl were stilled zeroed out.

I would say call your service provider then.

Last edited by bilgerryan; 3rd October 2014 at 06:52 PM.
5th October 2014, 03:05 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I finally got it! 8 hours of research and I finally got it fixed NO THANKS TO SPRINT -(shouldnt be a surprise really)
Anywho! If this happens to anyone, I hope this helps:
1) Downloaded and install the appropriate Samsung USB drivers.
2) Download and install the "freeware/demo" version of DFS
3) Put your phone in DIAG mode:
* phone -> ##DIAG# (opens Diag screen)
* Open "Qualcom USB Setting" menu and select "DM + Modem + ADB", hit "Ok"
* Select "CDMA Modem"
4) Plug your phone into your computer via USB
5) Open DFS and click the connections button (a plug) you should see your Samsung device listed.
6) Your phone should now be connected! Select your phone from the dropdown in DFS (upper left)
7) Enter your MSL/SPC in the left box and click the button to send the code, you should see an "Unlocked" success message in the console
8) Enter the device code "01F2030F5F678FF9" or "2012112120131219" in the PWD box, click the button to send the code, you should see another "Unlocked" success message in the console
9) You should be able to read/write codes at this point.
10) Once you correct your HEX/DEC, press the disconnect button. Then remove device from PC.
11) Go back into ##DIAG# and change your settings back.
12) Restart phone... Viola!

Hope this helps! Now I'm going to bed!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsusgeek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 04:46 PM |#8  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I finally got it! 8 hours of research and I finally got it fixed NO THANKS TO SPRINT -(shouldnt be a surprise really)
Anywho! If this happens to anyone, I hope this helps:
1) Downloaded and install the appropriate Samsung USB drivers.
2) Download and install the "freeware/demo" version of DFS
3) Put your phone in DIAG mode:
* phone -> ##DIAG# (opens Diag screen)
* Open "Qualcom USB Setting" menu and select "DM + Modem + ADB", hit "Ok"
* Select "CDMA Modem"
4) Plug your phone into your computer via USB
5) Open DFS and click the connections button (a plug) you should see your Samsung device listed.
6) Your phone should now be connected! Select your phone from the dropdown in DFS (upper left)
7) Enter your MSL/SPC in the left box and click the button to send the code, you should see an "Unlocked" success message in the console
8) Enter the device code "01F2030F5F678FF9" or "2012112120131219" in the PWD box, click the button to send the code, you should see another "Unlocked" success message in the console
9) You should be able to read/write codes at this point.
10) Once you correct your HEX/DEC, press the disconnect button. Then remove device from PC.
11) Go back into ##DIAG# and change your settings back.
12) Restart phone... Viola!

Hope this helps! Now I'm going to bed!

ok, so I have the same issue, and did lots and lots and LOTS of looking around, and this seems to be the only appropriate way to do this. HOWEVER, every time i try to connect my phone to dfs, it doesn't read it correctly, either with the msl or ignoring it, or any of the 16 digit passwords I've come across for s3 basebands. SO... I'm just wondering what rom/modem combo you used. I've come to the conclusion that using a different rom with the corresponding baseband will allow me to properly connect to dfs. help please?? lol... thatnks in advance
31st July 2015, 04:47 PM |#9  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this thread is super old, just thought that id add that I was able to connect to dfs and nv tools with cm11 and nfc baseband. Worked right away, was able to pull all the needed info/files, and get my spc without contacting carrier then just reflashed wicked x

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Last edited by fjbredt88; 31st July 2015 at 04:59 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread