Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Question about Stock 4.4.2 and flashing

OP angelofdooms

25th August 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Hey guys got a couple questions see below.

1. My first question is, Is there a way to Flash Stock 4.4.2 without using a computer and odin, my laptop doesn't read my phone, ive done installed and updated drivers, and everything. is there a way to flash it like you would a custom rom. I know i read that i could use Mobile Odin Pro, but at the same time i read that its not to safe to use that, and tbh not sure why you have to pay for it... i know there cracked Mobile odin pro and i havent tried it yet.

2. My next question is, is there a simple way to flash my sprint s3 to another career, by flashing a rom that will flash it to another carier not sure if this makes sense lol, basicly my Phone was flashed to Page plus, and i accidentally updated it and lost the flash, and i dont really want to pay to get it flashed again, is there a real easy way to flash it with with a custom flashing rom, and if my laptop ever reads my phone is there a easy way to do it with a laptop besides paying for it( not looking for cracks). My phone number for Page plus and account is still active.

3. My last question is im looking for an awsome rom, One that does not overheat my phone like Hellfire does, ive tried hellfire, CM(also nighty), Vanir, PAc rom, Carbon. and others to.
25th August 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 746
 
1,267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdooms

1. My first question is, Is there a way to Flash Stock 4.4.2 without using a computer and odin, my laptop doesn't read my phone, ive done installed and updated drivers, and everything. is there a way to flash it like you would a custom rom. I know i read that i could use Mobile Odin Pro, but at the same time i read that its not to safe to use that, and tbh not sure why you have to pay for it... i know there cracked Mobile odin pro and i havent tried it yet.

talking about cracked apps is taboo and no you have to use a computer and what usb cable are you using? do you have the stock usb cable that came with your phone? and you can't use Mobile Odin to flash ND8 stock it won't work at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdooms

2. My next question is, is there a simple way to flash my sprint s3 to another career, by flashing a rom that will flash it to another carier not sure if this makes sense lol, basicly my Phone was flashed to Page plus, and i accidentally updated it and lost the flash, and i dont really want to pay to get it flashed again, is there a real easy way to flash it with with a custom flashing rom, and if my laptop ever reads my phone is there a easy way to do it with a laptop besides paying for it( not looking for cracks). My phone number for Page plus and account is still active.

.....No, there's a thread to flash to Sprint though

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdooms

3. My last question is im looking for an awsome rom, One that does not overheat my phone like Hellfire does, ive tried hellfire, CM(also nighty), Vanir, PAc rom, Carbon. and others to.

Stock ND8 and or any Rom based on TW and as long as you don't have your screen turned on for a long time it shouldn't Over Heat...
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

talking about cracked apps is taboo and no you have to use a computer and what usb cable are you using? do you have the stock usb cable that came with your phone? and you can't use Mobile Odin to flash ND8 stock it won't work at all



.....No, there's a thread to flash to Sprint though



Stock ND8 and or any Rom based on TW and as long as you don't have your screen turned on for a long time it shouldn't Over Heat...

I have the stock sub cable and also a more expensive cable. Sometimes it does read and sometimes it doesn't,

Can I backup my stock Rom before flashing a custom rom, I mean I've tried it through Phil's recovery and find that once I restore it using Phil some apps and things don't work correctly.

What's a rom you would recommend.
25th August 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 746
 
1,267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdooms

What's a rom you would recommend.

I would recommend Tribute Rom or Wicked X 8.0.....and with the back ups make sure you have the latest Philz recovery which should be 6.48.4 and before each backup wipe cache and dalvik cache then your backups should work flawlessly
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

I would recommend Tribute Rom or Wicked X 8.0.....and with the back ups make sure you have the latest Philz recovery which should be 6.48.4 and before each backup wipe cache and dalvik cache then your backups should work flawlessly

Good to know, Ive tried Tribute, its alright, havent tried wicked though i def give it a try.
26th August 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #6  
gears177's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag meadville
Thanks Meter: 50
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
the galaxy s3 can actually be flashed to a couple of different carriers including page plus and metro pcs i think unfortunately its not a simple process and its long i flashed mine to page plus awhile back
The Following User Says Thank You to gears177 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #7  
roirraW "edor" ehT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,807
 
3,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdooms

Hey guys got a couple questions see below.

1. My first question is, Is there a way to Flash Stock 4.4.2 without using a computer and odin, my laptop doesn't read my phone, ive done installed and updated drivers, and everything. is there a way to flash it like you would a custom rom. I know i read that i could use Mobile Odin Pro, but at the same time i read that its not to safe to use that, and tbh not sure why you have to pay for it....

If you're already on the ND8 or NDC bootloader, then you can flash the stock (although rooted) ND8 or NDC ROM through custom recovery like the latest PhilZ. I'm guessing you're not, though.

Mobile Odin had had its uses in the past, just not handy with more recent versions of TouchWiz.

v2.0 flashable version now posted near the bottom of the first post of v2.0 FLASHABLE-3Minit 1000+ Batteries for Conquest:Singularity v8 & v1.0 for NDC/ND8..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors, also available through the 3Minit Battery Mod, #22 in the Users folder

Charging still shot


Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v8.4, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
27th August 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #8  
roirraW "edor" ehT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,807
 
3,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdooms

Hey guys got a couple questions see below.
2. My next question is, is there a simple way to flash my sprint s3 to another career, by flashing a rom that will flash it to another carier not sure if this makes sense lol, basicly my Phone was flashed to Page plus, and i accidentally updated it and lost the flash, and i dont really want to pay to get it flashed again, is there a real easy way to flash it with with a custom flashing rom, and if my laptop ever reads my phone is there a easy way to do it with a laptop besides paying for it( not looking for cracks). My phone number for Page plus and account is still active.

Here's the thread for flashing to Page Plus. I haven't done it, I'm on Sprint. I was having a lot of trouble getting my S2 on Page Plus. For phone it wasn't too bad, but I could never get data on and things were getting confusing with conflicting information, several third party programs on the PC, needing a donor phone, etc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55006058
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

If you're already on the ND8 or NDC bootloader, then you can flash the stock (although rooted) ND8 or NDC ROM through custom recovery like the latest PhilZ. I'm guessing you're not, though.

Mobile Odin had had its uses in the past, just not handy with more recent versions of TouchWiz.

v2.0 flashable version now posted near the bottom of the first post of v2.0 FLASHABLE-3Minit 1000+ Batteries for Conquest:Singularity v8 & v1.0 for NDC/ND8..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors, also available through the 3Minit Battery Mod, #22 in the Users folder

Charging still shot


Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v8.4, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.




My phone is rooted with the latest Philz, and is on nd8, 4.4.2.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes