Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there anyway to "jump" the touch capability out?

Tip us?

JoshRoss70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is there anyway to "jump" the touch capability out?

I have an old GS3, and the glass, digitizer and lcd are all shot, but the phone is still functional. I can connect the phone to my tv, via HDMI cable, but have no ability of unlocking the phone, or doing anything with it. Is there any way to basically 'jump" the touch capability to something else, or do I have to have everything replaced?

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRoss70 View Post
I have an old GS3, and the glass, digitizer and lcd are all shot, but the phone is still functional. I can connect the phone to my tv, via HDMI cable, but have no ability of unlocking the phone, or doing anything with it. Is there any way to basically 'jump" the touch capability to something else, or do I have to have everything replaced?
yea I would say take it to get repaired cause theirs apps to lets you control your phone from computer but you need the touch to work on your phone to let it happen....but that's from what I know so far
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

g_money
Old
Thanks Meter 296
I would get estimates on repair, but also check on the price of a used/refurbished phone. My daughter got her screen repaired for about $120 (don't know what all was repaired/replaced). Broke it again and bought a used replacement for about $110. I think (IMHO) that used s3's are worth the money...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm just saying....
g_money

PROUD owner of a Sprint Galaxy sIII
(My wife thinks her Note2 is better.
She gets no root access until she apologizes...)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g_money For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRoss70 View Post
Touch won't work without the digitizer... Like said above you can probably buy a used one for what it will cost you to fix it. I got two refurbs for $150 each like 6 months ago... in perfect condition. They're probably even cheaper now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
broken screen, sprint galaxy s3