OP missmonet

28th August 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag D.C
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson

Just try running the Kies process again. It should work. If not, you'll have to put the phone in download mode and flash the ROM via ODIN.

yea its not working, I been trying. how do you go to download mode and download odin. I only use soft skit tool kit. Can I root my phone again and on the tool kit downloads odin for rooting process and twrp. Will it brick my phone the whole system is unstable. I cant get into recovery nor entering my phone.
28th August 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Flag D.C

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

You also shouldn't post questions in two threads (this one and the thread you created) about the same problem.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I was thinking of adding that info too, but then I thought yeah, he's referring to the warranty bit, although the flash counter is a different thing, and still resettable via Triangle Away.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Best Buy Geek Squad, I can personally attest to, doesn't care if your warranty bit was tripped. Depending on your issue or the tech you talk to, you might be best resetting your flash counter via Triangle Away and Odining the stock ROM. For my first problem I exchanged phones for a few weeks ago, which was that OTG didn't work any more but data to the PC and charging worked, several techs were flipping out because there was the custom KT747 splash screen/custom recovery. Perhaps just restoring the flash counter and putting on the stock recovery would've been enough, but I wanted to wipe my phone for them anyway and put it back 100% stock. I went home, Odined the stock ND8 tar, took it back and they ordered me a replacement phone.

The second time I exchanged phones just a week ago, because the power button on the refurb they gave me was faulty and causing it to turn on and off randomly like they do, I already had Odined the stock ND8 tar. When I told the tech up front that I had restored it completely to stock, he acted as if it didn't matter.

As far as Sprint, others have had the personal experience that they don't care about the warranty bit either. Word is that Samsung is the only one that checks or cares about the warranty bit. At least one person even reported that a refurb phone either Sprint or Geek Squad gave as a replacement already had the warranty bit tripped.

I wasnt getting many response. How other ppl got many responses for their threads in this section. Trying to get help asap. I was bugging out. Im going to delete it though.
28th August 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 34

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
When you say "unstable" what exactly do you mean? If you hold volume down+home button+power to turn the phone on it will/should enter download mode unless you are bricked. Go into download mode on the phone and put odin on your computer, get the stock tar file on your computer and flash it to your phone with odin.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jbnorton0524; 28th August 2014 at 12:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbnorton0524 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Flag D.C

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

You also shouldn't post questions in two threads (this one and the thread you created) about the same problem.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I was thinking of adding that info too, but then I thought yeah, he's referring to the warranty bit, although the flash counter is a different thing, and still resettable via Triangle Away.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Best Buy Geek Squad, I can personally attest to, doesn't care if your warranty bit was tripped. Depending on your issue or the tech you talk to, you might be best resetting your flash counter via Triangle Away and Odining the stock ROM. For my first problem I exchanged phones for a few weeks ago, which was that OTG didn't work any more but data to the PC and charging worked, several techs were flipping out because there was the custom KT747 splash screen/custom recovery. Perhaps just restoring the flash counter and putting on the stock recovery would've been enough, but I wanted to wipe my phone for them anyway and put it back 100% stock. I went home, Odined the stock ND8 tar, took it back and they ordered me a replacement phone.

The second time I exchanged phones just a week ago, because the power button on the refurb they gave me was faulty and causing it to turn on and off randomly like they do, I already had Odined the stock ND8 tar. When I told the tech up front that I had restored it completely to stock, he acted as if it didn't matter.

As far as Sprint, others have had the personal experience that they don't care about the warranty bit either. Word is that Samsung is the only one that checks or cares about the warranty bit. At least one person even reported that a refurb phone either Sprint or Geek Squad gave as a replacement already had the warranty bit tripped.

Thats good to know though.
The Following User Says Thank You to missmonet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #15  

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also, if you didnt know how to get to download mode, you are trying to get to recovery by turning the phone on with volume up+home+power?

The Following User Says Thank You to jbnorton0524 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member
Flag D.C

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbnorton0524

When you say "unstable" what exactly do you mean? If you hold volume down+home button+power to turn the phone on it will/should enter download mode unless you are bricked. Go into download mode on the phone and put odin on your computer, get the stock tar file on your computer and flash it to your phone with odin.

I mean my phone says unfortunately the process.com,andriod.phone has stopped. unfortunley SEA has stopped, Sytem UID inconsistent you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable. then under that it says feeling lucky. I can go into download mode. My phone is not rooted though. I unrooted to take it back to sprint. Can I still use odin? my usb debuging not working maybe abd mode? My phone is not recognized my the pc anymore.
Last edited by missmonet; 28th August 2014 at 01:45 PM.
28th August 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #17  

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes you can still use odin to flash a stock rom

Last edited by jbnorton0524; 28th August 2014 at 03:42 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gs3, softskip, sprint, stock, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread