WiFi failed to connect. Speed to slow.

27th August 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 217

1,300 posts
So I'm running stock 4.4.2 Rooted, and as of 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to wifi at my gym. The signal strength is strong, yet I try to connect and after awhile of attempting to connect over and over again nothing happens, but sometimes I get an error saying "failed to connect, network to slow" or something along those lines. My wifi works perfect fine at home though. All info I could find just leads to factory reset which won't happen for me. I've deleted that wifi over and over and put the password in again several times, no change. It's only me with this issue though and as I said, friends with the exact same setup can connect perfectly fine. This just happened out of no where one week after working fine.

Well now that I think of it, over a period of two more weeks before the no connection at all issue, it was starting to turn into a crawl for speed but only for me.. Stock everything Rooted, and stock kernel.
27th August 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 492

1,020 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath

So I'm running stock 4.4.2 Rooted, and as of 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to WiFi at my gym. The signal strength is strong, yet I try to connect and after awhile of attempting to connect over and over again nothing happens, but sometimes I get an error saying "failed to connect, network to slow" or something along those lines. My WiFi works perfect fine at home though. All info I could find just leads to factory reset which won't happen for me. I've deleted that WiFi over and over and put the password in again several times, no change. It's only me with this issue though and as I said, friends with the exact same setup can connect perfectly fine. This just happened out of no where one week after working fine.

Well now that I think of it, over a period of two more weeks before the no connection at all issue, it was starting to turn into a crawl for speed but only for me.. Stock everything Rooted, and stock kernel.

.....have the gym reset their router..... cause if you can still connect to other WiFi out there then i think it less of your phone and more of the router at fault here
27th August 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington

1,300 posts
Well, then why is only my phone effected? People with the same version and Rooted and such don't have this issue
27th August 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Los Osos

1,020 posts
More
Quote:

Well, then why is only my phone effected? People with the same version and Rooted and such don't have this issue

is your phone ND8 or NDC??
27th August 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington

1,300 posts
ND8
27th August 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Los Osos

1,020 posts
More
Quote:

ND8

my only other suggestion would be to flash Ktoonez(might have misspelled his username) TW Kernel and Tweaker and to Flash the NDC modem; from personal experience NDC modem gives me better 4g signal....yet it also gives me better WIFI signal as well as connectivity, some will say it doesn't affect WIFI but it did for me so you can try that since you don't want to Factory Data reset it.
27th August 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington

1,300 posts
Well my phones disconnected anyhow. I can only use wifi really so I keep it in airplane mode with wifi enabled

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread