No registration required

Update Notification on deactivated S3

OP ReapersDeath

30th August 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 217

1,313 posts
So, my phones inactive but I use it for communication through email and browsing and kik and all that through wifi, but I was having wifi issues and I did a suggestion that asked me to dial a certain code, it restarted my device, but now every time I boot, it wants me to activate my phone, although I can't. So I'm stuck with a stupid system update notifications. By default my rooted stock ND8 rom has google services framework modified disabling the update service, yet it's still there... Any ideas? This isn't the traditional OTA update nag. And as I said, I can't activate a deactivated phone.
31st August 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 654

1,150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath

So, my phones inactive but I use it for communication through email and browsing and kik and all that through wifi, but I was having wifi issues and I did a suggestion that asked me to dial a certain code, it restarted my device, but now every time I boot, it wants me to activate my phone, although I can't. So I'm stuck with a stupid system update notifications. By default my rooted stock ND8 rom has google services framework modified disabling the update service, yet it's still there... Any ideas? This isn't the traditional OTA update nag. And as I said, I can't activate a deactivated phone.

i would say delete Activation.apk from the system/priv-app folder
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread